Chapter 5

Its high time we taught some people what discipline was all about Rooke said. Rooke was an average man of 711 years he was so strict to us all. Rooke told Mika that i and Lucette should be really disciplined. I knew from the start that Rooke really despised me i felt like spanking him hard on the face but what could i do?.Nothing...
We were denied food for the whole day. Lucette was really hungry, and I couldn't provide food but then a thought came to me.  I bent down and told her to suck on me at first she hesitated but her stomach growled which made her do it her fangs really went deep into my throat. Finally Mika pleaded on our behalf and we were served dinner. Dinner was the most interesting part of being a vampire, where you would hunt and get enough blood for yourself.
We got carried away by the interesting movie we were watching about the vampire's empire. The vampire empire was really a huge one it comprises of 110 states and located in a really dark area. It had a king in each state.
Many people hated vampire's because they were blood sucking demons as people say they are. In Transylvania anything that sucked blood at night were noted to be evil even mosquitoes were.
Why i really loved being a vampire was immortality, because being immortal was the best of all there was nothing like disease, death, pain, injury and many more. Vampires were the most powerful creatures on earth besides the witches/wizards they were noted to carry strange powers like healing when injured, flying, running in the speed of the sun, and being the strongest of all though some were feeble, but once they knew their potential and what they carried, they could overcome everything on earth.

The thought of Sandra came into my head i forgot about the one that made me see this day because without her, i think i would still be lifeless in that painting. Sandra would be missing me badly right now because i could see right in her eyes that she really had love and affection for me. I knew that wherever she was,she really thought of me and all the moments we shared together.
I wish i could get to see her again but i knew it was impossible to see her because Mika made it sound clear to me that if she saw me with Sandra again that she would definitely find a way to cut me short which got me so scared and i couldn't get chances.
Although i knew how powerful i was, i was meant to understand that obedient as they say is much more better than sacrifice because if i get to disobey Mika, in the after life i think i would perish although i don't think vampires do have after life but i knew i would surely perish if i disobeyed. Rooke was still after me he waited for the slightest mistake i could make in order to get me humiliated. I knew Rooke disliked me really bad, but i never knew the reason for that or was it that he knew the in the past world or i was simply just his enemy?

Still considering the fact that the whole situation was not my fault, I was the only one who Lucette loved so much and i haven't spent up to 3 months in the coven. I wished i could still roam the world and enjoy everything it had to offer but with their titles Rooke as the King and father of the coven and Mika as the queen and mother of the coven, they would be to large of a target to travel any were safely.

The vampire empire was said to be a large one. At times the criticism of people to the vampires, were really hurtful as people hated and taught that we never existed. We were classified as the devil worshippers.
As i recalled what happened on the Halloween night, Rooke called me.
'Ken', Rooke voice wasn't kind, giving him a sideways glance and then continuing to ignore him.
Why was i the only one punished here? It was all lucettes fault in the first place. She shouldn't have growled and showed her fangs. It was her fault i was even grounded.
Why in the world was i being blamed?

Look at me when I'm talking to you, " I rolled my eyes in annoyance and locked my eyes with Rooke's, the anger clearly reflecting as the low lightly glinted off to them.
I sighed "what"?

"Why didn't you let Lucette be after seeing her taking the candy?" Rooke asked the side of his chin resting firmly against his knuckles.

I didn't say a word was it because i feared the still unstable control of my blood magic? That it might hinder more than help in the situation with the vampire?