Chapter 6

The New
Town.

6.
I watched the fields fly by. I perked up at the sight of a few older looking trees when i saw an even older looking sign.

Winder ville.

The name gave me a bitter taste in my mouth. It sent cold shivers down my spine. I could feel strange things occurring round me.

"This is the town. See? I was the only one apart from Mika who was still awake to see us enter into the new town.
To my surprise it actually was a nice town. Although the road was narrow and deserted, we drove into a zigzag road and stopped in front of a blue painted house.
To vampires night was their time of work. The roads were so busy people were buying and selling but once the sun was at its peak of rising, everyone went home to rest.

The vampire world was just the opposite of the human world. Once we parked, everyone woke up got their luggage's and boxes and we were in.

The house was well furnished and decorated beautifully. The house was big enough to contain more than 30 people. I saw a label written in red marker "Ken and Lucette's room".

Lucette now awake helped me with our luggage's, and we began to find our room.
I stepped inside, the hardwood floor immediately creaking underneath my feet. I could already tell that this was older house. Definitely around the Victorian age.

The walls had pale colored wallpaper and the trims were a bit chipped, adding to my conclusion. I strolled down the hall way everything unfamiliar and new. I turned a corner and found the stairs.
"Is our room upstairs?" Lucette glanced behind her shoulder and called to Mika.
"Yes it should be on the left when you reach the top." She responded without looking at us.

With a nod, she whispered. "Thanks". I turned back towards the stairs and started walking up the steps, making it to the top in less than a minute. I turned to the left and opened the first door.

White and black tiles greeted me. Along with a purple wallpaper i guessed it must be a half bathroom.

I tried the next door down the hall, this time it creaked when i opened pushing it further open, i stepped in.

This must be my room. Compared to the last one, this one was kind of boring. A shade of pale red wallpaper and light colored hardwood floors.

I put one luggage i managed to carry down in the middle of the room while Lucette dropped one little box. It was a good sized bedroom, guess. I walked in to the other side of the room and opened up a very similar looking door.
It must be my closet. This inside was a small triangular shaped space with white racks lining up the walls. I closed the door quietly. It clicked shut.

"Ken!" I heard Mika yell from downstairs.

I groaned from being constantly called by Mika and walked toward the door. Reluctantly, I peeked out into the plain looking hallway.

"Yes?" I called out with a bit of edge in my tone.

"You forgot to bring the remaining boxes from the car!"

Realization struck me and my eyes widened. Damn it. How could i forget about the boxes where Lucette barbie dolls were?
I slid out of my room and jogged down the hall. I hopped down the stairs and out the open front door. I stepped onto the wooden porch and jumped down the three steps and toward the minivan.

I opened the backseat door and brought out the two remaining boxes containing all of Lucette's barbie dolls.
All of a sudden, i got the feeling that someone's gaze was on me. Like this fire was burning through my body.

A shiver ran down my spine and i instinctively looked towards the house across the street. A certain one caught my eye and i couldn't look away.

It was similar to our house, but slightly larger in size. It was more of bright white color compared to our cream house.
A silhouette caught my attention as it moved across one of the front windows. I blinked to make sure I was still sane and not imagining things.
Someone definitely was standing in the front window. The curtains slowly closed, hiding any view I could get from my front lawn. They hid themselves before i could get a good look at them. 

My face turned red at the thought of someone watching me get attacked by my giant fur ball.

I stood frozen before i shook the creepy feeling away and grabbed another heavy box from the back of the car.

Winder ville. Such a strange name for a strange town