1 - Tyler's New Roommate

・。★・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。・。・゜★ ・。・                 Author's Note
                      ・゜・。・゜。・。・
This story is in no way serious or a true story. This is all fiction for others to enjoy. If it make you, or others uncomfortable, I can take this down. I don't want to make either Tyler or Ethan uncomfortable by having this on the internet. If it does become a problem. I will remove it and i will not be writing smut because they do not like finding those stories. Until then, I will leave it up, and I hope you enjoy it. This is a slow build-slow burn story, and it is very long, you have been warned.

・・・・・・—---★

Love

noun
1.
an intense feeling of deep affection.
Nonexistent.

-

To Tyler Schied, it was like a movie, but not the good kind. Having someone move in with him, someone he'd never met, or even seen before sounded like the perfect setup for some kind of over-the-top romantic comedy. The only problem being that Tyler never had been up to that sort of thing. Love didn't exist, it was just something people clung to when everything else was bleak and they needed something to hold them together for just a little while longer. They thought things like that could last, but Tyler was smart. He'd known from a young age that even if you clung to something, that didn't mean it would stay. If something was meant to fall apart it would, no matter how tightly you held on to the pieces. He'd seen it happen before, when what was proclaimed as love fell short of the mark and the person wound up with nothing more than a tormented memory forever scarred on their wrist. When the love was gone, what was that mark for other than a cruel reminder of what could have happened?

It was for this reason that public places were like a romantic movie reject, and Tyler stayed away from them as much as possible. People scurrying around with their hearts literally on their sleeve. Or their wrist, at least. Currently, Tyler was sitting in a Starbucks watching with vague disinterest. Each time a person caught his gaze, their eyes immediately flickered to his wrists.

Unlike a lot of people, Tyler's dislike of the system of love hadn't come from personal experience, but from watching others. His own wrist was plain, not yet marred by the world's both cruel and breathtaking system. Tyler hoped they never would be. He didn't want to deal with the horror that was romance. Still, the look of pity some people gave him had him tugging his jacket sleeves down further in mild embarrassment, like he was something weird and wrong. What were they pitying him for? He was the one who should feel bad for them. They were the ones who had to go through heartbreak and hell on earth. Why was he the one who got all the sad looks? He'd lived his life in peace away from all that. Wasn't that a good thing?

He caught sight of a woman looking at him, her hair graying from age and a look of sorrow that looked like it was forever burned in her green eyes and the wrinkles on her face when made her face seem to be etched into a permanent frown. His eyes fell on her wrist instinctively, and through her short sleeves he could plainly see four lines on her wrist, all of them scarred. Tyler should feel sorry for her. It shouldn't be the other way around. All the people she'd ever loved were dead. Sure, she might have friends, family. But that feeling of love Tyler despised so much, all the people who gave her butterflies, all the people who she thought about at three in the morning, the people she clung to and wanted to hold when she felt alone. They were all dead and gone. He was spared all that, so why was everyone looking at him like he was the freak?

Unable to sit still now that he felt like everyone was staring at him, judging him, he got up from his seat all too quickly, nearly bumping into someone who had one mark, red. Poor guy was in love with someone who didn't love him back- and yet Tyler was the freak? He muttered an apology, throwing the remnants of his coffee into the trash bin as he pushed out of the store and made his way back to his apartment. Suddenly, he wanted nothing more than to take shelter in his room and just forget the entire world existed for a while.