0.1

~4:32 PM~

"The worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them..."

-

Ethan Grant Dolan stood proudly in front of the full-body mirror of his shared bedroom. Pasty skin, full, pink lips, arched brows. His hair was once dyed a faint lavender, but was now only dark brown, slightly curly. He had let it grow out a little too long but the style suited him well.

He stood about a head taller than before. His jaw was more pronounced, dusted with the slight shadow of stubble, giving him an intimidating look. Those eyes were more alluring, a ice-cold green tinged with dark olive.

The navy blue tint of his silk tie brought color to his simple, yet classy ensemble; a white dress shirt tucked in black pants, beneath a black blazer.

Then, casually, a strong pair of tan, muscular arms wrap around him. He rested his forehead onto the nape of Ethan's back, tickling the skin there. "Do you really have to leave?" He frowned into the mirror, almost in a teasing manner. His dark hair was messy and smooth, the ends just shy of his eyes.

But he really hated when Ethan left. This was their private spot where they kept themselves isolated from the cruel world. Whenever he left, Ethan would leave an empty void in his soul that could never be filled by anyone else.

Ethan sighed and slightly tilted his head back, meeting his gaze. "Yes, Bell. This is too important for me to skip. I've already come this far and now my paintings are finally going to be showcased for the public. Can you just be happy for me please?"

"Yeah, I know. Your artwork is very beautiful, E." The nickname caused his own heart to skip a beat. Ethan tried to brush it off but the word caused a twinge of pain in his soul that brought back forgotten memories. He had never called him E until now.

He noticed the gloomy look on Bellamy's face and slowly turned around to face him, feeling the hollow ache in his stomach. Ethan held both his hands. "I love you, Bell. If I could, I would stay here all day with you and paint roses, make pancakes, or whatever you want."

His lips slowly curved into a pleasant smile. Dark eyes sparkled, highlighting the golden layer hidden beneath. "Oh, anything?"

There's the Bellamy he knew. With an eye roll, he pulled up his sleeve and checked his Rolex. It was 4:34.

"I have to head out now. Bye, babe." Ethan said and added a quick kiss before he rushed down the flight of stairs.

~

The heavy glass doors were formally opened for him when he headed inside of the marble building; he listened for the chirp of his Corvette.

The grand, opulent gallery was shining white with golden accents, such as the chandelier and the frames of large paintings. Unique sculptures lined the halls, diverse pieces decorating the blank canvas of the building.

The first piece he was greeted by was of a tattered rose; the shade of red was deep and vivid, almost black. The petals were wilting, falling in slow motion, floating mid-air.

The watercolor painting reminded him of Bell.

Ethan knew what he did to him was wrong, and yet he felt no guilt. Although art gallery did have an event today, there was none requiring Ethan to be present.