CHAPTER ONE

Life is weird. It's so unpredictable in the sense that one day you could be having the time of your life. And the next... you're out of time. Yes. People, everyday, are dying off and being born. So I guess there is really only one way to describe life. "It goes on." One thing I learned is that it doesn't matter how long life is. Some people live for 100 years. Others, nine months. It's still life. And life is wonderful. Full of people and experiences and love and happiness and grief and loss.

So I guess I shouldn't complain that mine was cut short. I mean, I still got a chance. Had a great experience down on earth... for the most part. But that doesn't matter anymore.

He has yet to meet me here. But I can wait. After all, I still have eternity. But I still wish I had a proper goodbye.

No. Not a goodbye. A... see you later.

There isn't much to do here. I just kinda sit around waiting for him to meet me like he said he would. But, as I said, I can wait. It just gets awful boring here.

I can't wait for him to come. The stories he will tell me. The things I missed. And we can finally be together again. It hurts being apart. Probably hurts me more than it does him.

Just sitting here gives me a lot of time to think.

There is approximately 10 trillion galaxies in the universe. Multiplying that by the Milky Way's estimated 100 billion stars results in a large number indeed: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars. There is about 10 trillion planets in our galaxy alone. All of these planets and stars, they are approximately 13.7 billion years old.

There are 7.5 billion people on Earth. All of them living a life as vivid and complex as your own; they have their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries, dreams... And you may never know their names. Yet their lives go on. And so does yours. Like I said: It goes on.

Sorry. I've probably bored you already. But I think it's important to understand life is just a flash in the pan. A wink in the darkness. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is... enjoy your time. No matter how short. Because you could be here one day and gone the next.

Make it count.