Grayson ~ 22 days

Cold. That's all I remember about that night. It was strangely cold for a summer night. If only I had known what would happen. I could've saved him, but I was too late.

Grayson Lee was born May 15th 2015 at 10:06am. He weighed 8lb 6oz and 20in. He was perfect.  The apple of our eye. He was perfectly healthy and a very good baby. Grayson lived 22 days. And in his short time on earth he changed my life for the better. Grayson wasn't the type of baby to just cry. He rarely did and when he did it wasn't long at all. Just to say "Hey! I need something!". That June night wasn't any different than a regular night. He seemed perfectly happy and healthy. But I guess the world had other plans.

He was a chunky monkey

He was a chunky monkey. Never really too small for his newborn size clothes. He even needed 0-3 right after we went home. He was growing fast and so were our hearts. I will never stop wondering what his 2 year old self would be like today. What he could've been. Who he could've been. Unfortunately I'll never know. Nobody will, But I do know who he was. My son. My perfect baby boy.

Grayson Lee ~ 22 days of life.

Heavens rocking chair

Are there rocking chairs in Heaven
where little babies go?
Do the angels hold you closely
and rock you to and fro?

Do they talk silly baby talk
to get a smile or two,
and sing the sleepy lullabies
I used to sing to you?

My heart is aching for you,
my angel child so dear.
You brought such joy into my life,
the short time you were here.

I know you're in a happy place,
and in God's loving care.
I dream each night I'm rocking you
in Heaven's rocking chair.