c h a p t e r 33

 Blade

Only if I was not the Prince. That is the only thought in my head now that Annalise is trapped in Silas' palace. My life has never been easy but it has gone from better to worse since Annalise Curtin did the honours of defeating me in that dual.

***

"Mom, she is a monster," I told my mother when I saw Annalise kill a bird with just a touch.

I was young and stupid.

"Keep away from her son." My mother told me with panic reflecting in her widened eyes.

She was also scared like I was. Who was Annalise actually? Who was my best friend?

We moved away from the place after that and never talked. And with passing time I realised, she might be a monster and dangerous, I missed my best friend.

I heard all the weird rumours around the palace about her also known as ice princess now. She was feared and was excellent with weapons. But that was not the point of focus now. I knew just like rest of the royal family knew because of Celine that Silas was going to come back.

But we never told anyone since it was never good for a kingdom to spread fear. It happened, though, like everything in Celine's vision did. Silas' followers did help him to make him powerful enough to make him walk out of his lair. And we didn't fight back.

Why? Because we couldn't. His power cannot be matched.

He visited us before the rest of the world knew he was back. And it scared my parents too much. Last time he came my grandparents faced the wrath and my parents still remember that God awful time.

"It is time Einian," Silas said to my father.

"But what about my son." My father asked in a scared voice that didn't even suit his persona.

Silas laughed a dark laugh and everyone around blanched.

"If he can guide my daughter in the right direction, he can rule some portion of the land and I let your family live. That is when he survives through all this." His words hit me with shock.

He had a daughter? He had an heir as powerful and dark as him. I felt utterly hopeless as the next King. I was just a puppet to the evil here.

"Are you up for it Prince?" He asked with his red gleaming eyes that made something curl something painfully inside me.

"If she is pretty?" I tried to act cool and not show the fear I had in me.

"She is, you have met her," Silas said with a sense of pride.

"Have I?"

"Annalise." He said with a sinful smirk and my heart dropped to the pits of hell on his words.