Aly

Hello! Thank you for checking out my story, Small. I hope you enjoy this story.

TW: There will be mention of rape and abuse. If you are unable to read scenes of this nature, please do not continue. This story is rated M for mature. Please do not read if you are under 18. Thank you.

---

I said the wrong thing. I snapped and said something I shouldn't have to Owen and that was it.

I didn't know what was going to happen to me. I didn't know who he was sending me with. He didn't tell me anything more than what he wanted me to know. I wasn't deserving of anything more.

A few raps on the door brought Owen out of the angry pacing he was doing. He paused where he was and turned his gaze toward the door. He stalked over to it with his elongated footsteps but stopped before turning the knob.

He looked back at me. "Not a word."

Owen opened the door and huffed. "It's about time."

"Just be glad I even showed up at all." This new guy didn't sound too thrilled to be taking me with him. It was a big responsibility taking on someone, especially considering what I'd been through since living with Owen.

But I told myself not to get my hopes up that this guy would be any different. Owen didn't know good people. He only knew people just as nasty and cruel as him.

So I wasn't expecting anything less than the treatment Owen had already been giving me.

Owen leaned against the doorframe and turned his head toward me. "Come on. You're going with Darren."

I pushed myself to my feet but didn't move from where I was. I glanced down at the stuffed animals that were around me. I had one corner where I was allowed to keep my things so I wasn't allowed much. Owen didn't want  it to be obvious that I was around.

I wasn't sure if Darren would have any toys at his house or if he'd even buy me any of my own. And if he was anything like Owen, I knew there wouldn't be much.

"You can take one of those with you."

I knew he wouldn't want to keep the rest of the toys lying around but maybe telling me I could only have one was his final way of bossing me around. Or maybe he was doing it to get back at me for what I said to him.

I randomly grabbed a ratty teddy bear from the floor. It didn't mean anything to me and I didn't want it anymore than I wanted anything else. But at least I could say it was mine.

He gestured to the hidden figure at the door. "Come on. Don't keep us waiting."

I kept a good distance from Owen as I approached. I knew if I got too close and said the wrong thing or did the wrong thing, he would hurt me.  I looked at the man standing on the porch. He was tall, almost twice my height. He had a full head of brown, curly hair and a beard. He wore just a black t-shirt and jeans. His hands were in his back pockets like this was a casual exchange. Like he'd done this before.

"I'd say bring her back if she's a problem but I don't want her back."

I was watching Darren's face when Owen spoke and Darren's eyebrow raised. His eyes were on Owen. I was expecting him to say something, as if to argue with him, but he kept his mouth shut and his expression neutral.

He looked at me and the corners of his mouth lifted. "You ready to go?"

I nodded. I really didn't have a choice either way. Owen was getting rid of me and I couldn't say no. I didn't want to, either.