Chapter 16

Heya guys :'D

----

Ryan's POV

"Search for mate," the beast growled, trying to escape the mental cage I've formed for him in my mind. "You need to learn." I said firmly.

"NO, MATE. WANT MATE."

"Once again, you won't fucking have him unless you act like a true royal wolf."

I block out any further comments made by my immature wolf and slowly walk down the hall, smelling his wonderful scent every few steps.

"Prince," A voice called out to me. Turning around to meet the person who had called me, I quickly realise that the person was an insignificant maid.

"What is it?" I said as I continued walking, the maid scurrying to catch up with me. "T-The Queen wishes to speak with you," Ah, my dramatic mother. "And when will that be?" I said, fists clenched. I had many troubles, but the one that tops them all is the disappearance of my mate. "N-Now," She timidly said.

I flash my Alpha eyes at her, a growl in my voice as I speak. "Well, tell her that I don't have time for her. I'm BUSY." And with that, I'd walked away.

Making my way to the office was tough as all I smelt was Xarq's scent around the halls. "Foolish human, you can never get rid of me. I am you as much as you are me," I played the words that my wolf had said yesterday over and over in my head, groaning as they were starting to give me a headache. But no matter how hard I'd tried, I couldn't stop the words from going into repeat.

"Well if it wasn't for YOU, we would be with mate right now. I wonder who pushed him away, no?" I growled out to no one in particular, wanting to destroy everything in my sight. The phone rings but I am in no mood to answer it. I slowly slip back in my chair and sigh, wanting nothing more than to hug my adorable mate.

♤♡♢♧

Xarq's POV

I hurriedly run for my life, close to bursting out in tears. I can't fight a rogue when I'm this low on magic! I hear the sound of pawsteps (footsteps but for paws?) right behind me and I know then and there that I would most likely not make it out alive.

"Stop!" A raspy voice said, and I stopped in my tracks realising that the voice did not belong to my mate. "You run fast for a fallen angel," I turned around, willing myself to look about the person carefully. He had a chiseled jaw with stunning brown eyes, his dark brown hair in a mess as though he had just woken up, and of course.. Naked. I hurriedly covered my eyes with my small hands as he chuckled.

"What a virgin," he said, and I noticed that his voice was deep and rough, like an Alpha's. "Are you an.. Alpha?" I could almost hear the sad smile in his words, "I was. My entire pack got wiped out unfortunately, and now I am but a lone rogue." I pressed on, wanting answers.. "Who would ever want to wipe them out?" He gave a low chuckle, saying his words slowly. "The Werewolf Prince, of course."