0.8

"I'm heading over to Ashley's, if you need me, call me," Ashton called back into the hotel room, he was buzzing with nervous energy which had him checking himself out in any and all reflective surfaces. Leather jacket, a bright red taffeta button-up shirt, black jeans, a plain black belt and red and black cowboy boots with roses up the sides. He looked good. He knew Luke was going to do anything to get it all off him, but he was still nervously adjusting himself and preening in reflective surfaces.

Without the ability to see himself his nervousness transferred to his leg bouncing involuntarily in his Uber. This was going to be the first time they'd met up in public, there would be innuendo, there had been with Luke and Michael. Even if most people brushed it of as crazed fan theories, fear told him that people would know, they'd be able to tell. It's not like he was out, it's not like people would have any reason to think he was with Luke more so than any other guy. He was just nervous he guessed.

Would it make Luke uncomfortable?

Before he could finish that thought, his Uber driver spoke "Ah, sir we're here,"

Ashton looked up and met the driver's eyes in the rear-view mirror, "Thanks mate, have a good day,"

When he got out, he pulled out his phone and sent a message to Ashley before using google maps to walk the short way to the café.

New Message

Hey, you still all good with the story?

Ash

Course babe, you came over, and I wasn't there cause I'd gone to Luke's when we got back, I had to go to the studio, so y'all hung out. I seriously think you guys are over thinking this tho xx

New Message

Makes me feel better tho, thanks x

He made it the rest of the way down the street and into the café, he saw Luke from the outside before he even entered. He was sitting toward the back with a beanie on and two mugs, one in hand and the other across from him as a place holder.

It took a moment after he'd entered before Luke saw him and Ashton greeted him with a small wave. In turn Luke pulled the mug back from his lips and gave a small smile. He was looking soft today, he guessed that was because he was comfortable here just like Ashton must have looked in London. He still had residual eyeliner on, possibly left over from last night's show, but maybe, just maybe it was put on for Ashton's benefit. He was also dressed far more casually than he'd seen him before, black skinny jeans and a soft pink hoodie.

"Finally, in my territory," Luke grinned as Ashton cautiously joined him at the table.

"I thought the whole of America was your territory," Ashton said rolling his eyes and raising his eyebrows at the coffee in front of him.

Luke ignored his comment, "it's all yours,"

Ashton wondered how he could get through this with drinking as little of that coffee as possible, he wasn't much of a coffee drinker to begin with, but American coffee was just awful. He wasn't going to tell Luke that though, he'd been trying to be nice, a few sips of it just to seem appreciative wouldn't kill him. He sipped at it thoughtlessly as Luke regaled him with stories about when they'd first moved to LA as a band.

He was halfway through his third story when Ashton went to take a sip of his drink and realised, he'd finished it without even thinking. He glanced down at the mug for a second before realising the flavour on his tongue was chocolate, it had been a hot chocolate. A good one too, how had he not even noticed. He made a little sound of approval and smiled at the mug and when he looked back up Luke was watching him.