Prologue

Once upon a time, in a happy forest, lived the happiest creatures the world has ever known... the Trolls. They loved nothing more than to sing and dance and hug and dance and hug and sing and dance and sing and hug and dance and hug and dance and sing and hug and dance and hug and dance and sing and hug and dance and hug and dance and sing and hug and dance and... Well, you know.
And one young Troll, not only did he love to sing, dance and hug, had a heart of gold and was very kind. But his father was selfish and cruel.
Then one winter's night, an old woman came to their pod and begged for shelter from the bitter cold. The father just laughed, and dismissed her. The boy, however, wasn't as harsh, and snuck her in while his father slept.
As the elderly Troll told the child stories of far off lands, with monsters and magical creatures, his father barged in and found what his son had done. He struck his son in anger and scolded him for his disobedience. The boy's color drained from his body as he wept. Suddenly, the old woman​transformed into a beautiful Zypharia. The father begged for mercy, but it was too late. She saw that there was no love in his​ heart, and what a terrible father he was. So, she took away his son and found a place deep into the woods where he would be safe. To prevent him from finding the boy, she erased the father's memories, so he wouldn't remember even having a son.
As for the child, he began living in an abandoned gopher's burrow, where no one would find him. With his colors gone, the boy would no longer sing or dance or even hug. He knew that if he could find happiness and learn to love another, and earn her love in return, his colors would be restored. But​ he wondered, “How could I love someone... when I don't even love myself?"

For those of you who are wondering, a Zypharia is a creature I made up. They look like Trolls, but with white hair, gold skin, magical powers and angel wings. And she didn't curse anyone, she just wanted to protect Branch. No, we're not going to see her again.

I hope I can do this. So far, I only know the beginning and end. I may need your help on figuring out what will happen between Poppy and Branch. But not yet. When it's time, then you can help.

Until next chapter. ♥