Chapter Six

In Troll Village, the Trolls were devastated by the untimely death of their beloved princess. Poppy wasn't just their future queen, she was their sister.
Creek, King Peppy and Poppy's friends planned her funeral and remembered all the good times they had with her.
“I remember when she modeled for us..." Satin began.
“... when we made our first outfit," Chenille finished.
“I remember when we first met Mr. Dinkles," Biggie mentioned, and began crying. “I miss her so much! Don't you miss her, Mr. Dinkles?"
Mr. Dinkles just mewed.
Creek sighed. “I remember when I first saw her beautiful face. She had this positive energy that reeled in my heart to join hers. I couldn't imagine myself spending my life with anyone else but her."
The rest of the Trolls gave Creek a reassuring hug. The entire village fell for it when he told them how she died, but DJ Suki was still uncertain. If Poppy died in his arms, why didn't he bring her body back? But she decided to ignore it. Creek was their friend, why would he lie to them?
Some questions, you just can't find the answer to.

🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻

“Branch is going to love this!" Poppy giggled as she put the finishing touches on her masterpiece. She heard him coming and hid.
“Poppy, I found the village, so..." Branch trailed off once he saw his entire living room decorated with all kinds of things. Poppy used her scrapbooking skills to make pop-outs and other crafts. The walls were covered with her hair, which was extended and looked like a neon rainbow.
“What the...?" Branch said in shock.
“Surprise!" Poppy shouted as she jumped out from behind the couch.
“Poppy, what did you do?!"
“You needed a little color in this room," Poppy simply replied.
“A little?!" Branch said, flabbergasted. Poppy suddenly pulled a camera out from her hair and took a selfie with him.
“How did you do all this, anyway?!" Branch asked.
“Well, my hair was just the easy part," Poppy explained. “But I had to scrapbook with only one hand, which was tough. Especially since I'm left-handed."
The second Poppy said that, she pulled her injured arm out of its sling and it moved freely.
“Poppy, your arm's better!" Branch pointed out.
“Really? Great!" Poppy exclaimed with delight. “I can go home tomorrow!"
“Yeah, I guess you can," Branch replied, a little saddened. He knew Poppy would get better, but he was secretly enjoying her company.
“You'll come with me, right?" Poppy asked. Branch looked up at her, touched.
“Poppy, I'd love to go with you," he explained, “but I can't. I don't belong there, they'd think I'm weird. Besides, I don't think I can stand all the singing, dancing, and hugging."
Poppy giggled, then frowned. “But I don't want you to be alone. You're my friend. And you saved my life, the Trolls would love you for that."
Branch smiled and said, “Thank you, Poppy. But I'm staying here."
Poppy's face saddened.
“But... we could spend time together while we still can," Branch proposed. Poppy beamed up at this and hugged him.
“I'll play the music!" she squealed with joy.
“Music?!" Branch exclaimed.
“Come on, Branch!" Poppy said as she turned on a record player. “Have some fun!"
“Alright," he groaned. “But I'm still not singing!"

Poppy and Branch had the best night of their lives that night. Poppy sang and danced while Branch just watched. They watched​ a movie together and ate pizza.
Branch hadn't felt this happy in twenty years. As Poppy fell asleep in his chest, he gently kissed her forehead and smiled at her. Whether she returns the feelings or not, Branch knew he was in love.

And if this world runs out of lovers
We'll still have each other
Nothing's gonna stop us
Nothing's gonna stop us now...

Please vote and feel free to leave a comment. Until next time.