Chapter Ten

“My fellow Trolls," King Peppy announced. “I know how devastated you must have been these past two months. Our beloved Princess Poppy... my daughter... was taken from us far too soon. She was a free spirit with a heart full of love. I am proud to be her father. If anyone has anything to say, please feel free to."
A young Troll named Harper took the stand at the great mushroom and recalled her memories of Poppy.
“Poppy's always been there for me. When I first started painting, she encouraged me to follow my dreams. And when I opened my art gallery, she taught me to stay true to my heart and not to be afraid to let my true colors shine."
Next was a Troll named Moxie Dewdrop.
“Poppy was a true friend," she began. “I remember when I was twelve and I wasn't a very good dancer at the time. But Poppy never gave up on me, and I eventually became the best dancer in Troll Village. So, thank you Poppy for being my friend."

After many other Trolls spoke of their memories and experiences with Poppy, Creek was the last Troll to speak.
“Poppy was my soulmate," he began. “The day I met her, I was mesmerized. She was the most beautiful Troll I've ever seen in my life. Our hearts synchronized the moment our hands touched. After three years, I finally decided to take our relationship to the next level. I wanted to marry her, but she was taken from us... from me... But no matter what, even if I move on and fall for someone else, I will always..."
Suddenly, the entire village heard a familiar, beautiful voice singing in the distance.
“Poppy?" King Peppy gasped.

Poppy and her friends made it to the village and Poppy sang while glaring at a flabbergasted Creek.
Go on now, go
Walk out the door
Just turn around, now
'Cause you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to break me with​ goodbye?
Did you think I'd crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?
Oh no, not I!
I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to to love
I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
And I've got all my love to give
I will survive
I will survive!
Yeah, yeah!
Ohh-ohh-ohh!
Ooh, whoa!
Ooh, whoa!
I will survive!
I will survive
Ooh-ooh
I will survive
Yeah, yeah...
Yeah!
Once Poppy finished her song, she and her friends made their way through the crowd and approached Creek.
“Poppy!" he exclaimed in shock. “You're alive!"
Creek hugged Poppy and looked into her eyes... only to be punched in the face. Poppy then faced the audience.
“This Troll left me to die," she explained. “I was rescued and eventually made a full recovery, and when I came back, he tried to kill me. I don't know what he's been telling you, but none of it is true."
“What about the lizard?" Cooper shouted.
“Okay, that part is true," Poppy corrected. “If this Troll only thinks about himself, I don't want him as your king."
“Poppy, I'm sorry," Creek said. “But I knew that without you, the Trolls would have no one else lead them. I had to live. But now that you're home, we can lead the Trolls together."
“Creek," Poppy said softly. “My heart now belongs to someone else. All I want from you is to leave and never come back."
Creek looked at Poppy in sadness. He began to wish he never hurt her. He made his way through the crowd and saw the others glaring at him.
That night, Creek vanished into the woods, and was never seen again.

🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻

In the end, I guess you can say everything worked out just fine.
The Trolls held a celebration for Poppy's return, and hailed Branch as a hero.
That same day, King Peppy led his daughter to the stand and held a crown in his hands.
“Are you ready?" he asked.
Poppy smiled and said, “You bet."
With that, King Peppy placed the crown on Poppy's head and took her hand.
“Our new queen!" he cheered. The Trolls applauded with joy.
“She's my friend! I know her!" Biggie cried.
Poppy suddenly felt the ground shake. Smidge was using her incredibly strong hair to lift the mushroom into the air! Poppy enjoyed the view until she felt someone's hand take hers. She turned to face Branch, who was blushing.
“I know it's not officially... Hug Time yet, but..." Branch spread out his arms.
Poppy smiled and announced, “Now that I am queen, I decree that Hug Time... is all the time."
And as they shared a loving embrace, Poppy and Branch knew that they would never let go of each other again.

Well, that's it. The Colors of Love has come to a close.

I hope you enjoyed the story. Please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Live long and prosper. 🖖