Alone.

From the sun that 'round me roll'd
In its autumn tint of gold—
From the lightning in the sky
As it pass'd me flying by—
From the thunder, and the storm—
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view—

                     - Edgar Allan Poe

Steve Rogers was sitting on the porch with a glass of water in his hands, looking at the garden. To pick one pf the thoughts that were troubling his mind is too hard, since they were too many. He knew that seeing her again would be difficult and he thought he was prepared to handle the pain but he was wrong. The emptiness he saw in her eyes earlier pierced his heart. Three years ago when he made the choice to let her ago, he thought he was doing the right thing, he thought that he was saving her and now he was scared that he did the exact opposite.

"Do you want something stronger?" Natasha come out with two bottles of beer in her hands and handed one to him, gesturing him to take. Steve let down his glass and got the beer. Nat sat to the chair next to him and let out a sigh as she took in the view of the sun rising. "Have you slept all night?"

Steve shook his head and laid back on his chair. "Every time I close my eyes all I see is her, in pain. She doesn't deserve this."

"Its not your fault"

The super soldier looked at his friend raising his eyebrow "Isn't it?"

"As much as you wanna take the blame, you're not special Rogers. We all agreed to let her go. If it is your fault, then it's mine and Bruce's and Clint's and Tony's as well." She paused, leaning closer to steve "She's confused now, it makes sense for her to reach like that but eventually she will understand and she will remember" Natasha placed her hand gently on Steve's leg, making him look at her in they eyes. She gave him a comforting smile and he smiled back weakly.

"Natasha, when i woke up from the ice, I lost everything. All my life. I know exactly what she's going through. She had a life in New Orleans, friends and now she's realizing that it was all a lie. It will ruin her and it will be my fault."

Natasha's face dropped. She didn't answer.

Bruce Banner was standing over Anastasia's body looking at her results. He held her hand to check her pulse and in his touch she moved slightly and awoke from her sleep. She opened her eyes slowly, the white lights were piercing through her eyes.

"Morning" said Bruce. His voice sounded so calming to her, like an echo. "how are you feeling today?" He asked.

Anastasia took her time to adjust to the light, opening and closing her eyes before finally getting comfortable. She looked up at the man and recognized him almost immediately "Bruce?" she mumbled under her breath and he looked down at her surprised.