Prolouge

Countless stars glimmered overhead in the night sky. The wind rustled the leaves and the trees stood tall. The dead leaves were scattered all over the forest floor. Everything was silent.

The silence was shattered as two cats burst into a clearing. Spitting angrily, the much larger one, who was black with gray eyes, threw himself at a smaller cat. The cat yelped as the larger one slammed into him.

The smaller one desperately tried to get up, but the larger one held him down. "Take it back!" He hissed. The smaller one was white with a long black stripe. His coat was matted and had dirt sticking to it.

Gasping the small one said, "I didn't mean it like that, Shadow! I meant your kits just maybe..." His voice trailed off as Shadow's paw pressed harder on his throat.

Both cats had unusual coats. Stars glimmered in them and electric blue mist swirled around their paws. But they were not focused on the mist. The jet black one, Shadow, was glaring at the smaller cat.

"You said my kits are untrustworthy!" He hissed. "Stripe, you take that back! That is not true!" "Fine, fine! I take it back! Just let me up! Let me up!" Stripe scrabbled at Shadow's underbelly with his back paws. Hissing, Shadow jumped off him.

Stripe licked his tangled fur, keeping an eye on Shadow. He stopped licking his tail when voices drifted from a berry bush a few feet away.

"Honestly, guys, we can't even talk with each other before some fight breaks out!" A pretty dark brown she-cat slipped from behind the bush. She was scowling with her hazel-colored eyes flashing with annoyance.

Another she-cat slipped beside her. She was gray with unusually blue eyes. She raised her tail and stroked the dark-furred cat with it. "Flight, calm down. I think someone is just...unhappy with our situation."

"That doesn't mean we need to fight, Feather!" Flight snapped. She gestured with her tail at Stripe and with a hard glare, said, "If my mate would've kept his trap shut, I would have been able to say what I needed to!"

Stripe look down, embarrassment flashing in his brown eyes. With the two she-cats standing there glaring at him with stars glittering in their pelts and mist dodging between their legs, it seemed like explaining would make the situation harder.

"Anyways," Flight said. "I talked with some of our ancestors and they said that our kits are happy to live with them." Flight glanced at Shadow. "Even if our kits are untrustworthy." Feather seemed ready to burst with energy. "Isn't that great?" She asked happily.

Everyone was quiet. For once, no one had anything to say. Then Stripe piped up, "Uh question...how are we going to tell our kits?" "Problem solved," Flight said. "We'll just simply send them dreams and they can solve the rest. In other words, we plan as we go."

"Soo wise..." Shadow murmured. Flight shot him an annoyed glance. "It is wise," She said. "And with luck, our first cat to get the sign will be..."

She flicked her tail and the mist streaming around her floating above her head and turned into an image of a large, long-furred gray Tom-cat.

"Him?" Stripe asked. "Why not one of our kits? Wouldn't they be better?" "Uh no," Flight said. "We can't choose our kit. And with your little incident it's fair we give Shadow's kits a chance." Shadow nodded with agreement.

"It's settled, than," Flight said, glancing at her friends. "He will receive the dream when he sleeps tonight. And, with luck, it will get to him. Until then, six cats will hold the choices they wish to make on their journey."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HOI :D I know this chapter wasn't wut you guys expected but HEY IM TRYING AM I NOT XD anyways I hope you like-even if it was bad. And I am reaaalllyyy bad at making prophecies. Hope you guys like it so far and make sure to check out meh other book (s) Until then, CYA :D

~Buddymykitty~