Ch. 2

Birds chirping, sounds of laughter, and the mouth watering smell of homemade breakfast.

All those sensations were there when I woke from my deep slumber. The light was streaming through the blinds in the unfamiliar bedroom, I reached for my cell phone to see what the time was, 9:30 in the morning and I whined in frustration.

I unwrapped myself from the soft vine like sheets and pulled myself off the soft cloud mattress. Walking towards the mirror by the door I pulled my dark brown waves into a messy bun and slipped my feet into my fluffy unicorn slippers.

Opening the door into the stretch of a dark blue hallway, I made my way towards the sound of laughter and a fresh smell of bread and butter I saw my brother Brennan over the stove flipping pancakes and serving them on superhero plates, which is strangely weird for a bunch of 20 year olds.

Brennan smiled and wiped his hands of a dish towel nearby, "Hey Kat I was tempting to send Ashlyn to wake you up, but you know how that goes and plus she and May are at the store" he said with a lopsided grin. I chuckled "well I'm up now, and I'm starving I could eat a cow!" everyone in the room laughed and that's when I realized two extremely attractive guys that I've never seen before were in my presence, I mean sweet potato Jesus they were adorable!

I looked up towards Brennan with a mix of fear and shyness in my eyes and immediately stood behind him blocking out the random strangers. "Kat you don't have to be shy, here let me introduce you to my partners in crime" I nervously laughed while Bren dragged me out behind him and stood there with all eyes on me. "Guys this is Kat my little sister, remember I told you guys she was moving down here to attend college with her two friends. She's going to be staying here at the house for at least three days while her apartment is being finalized and everything. Say hi Kat"

I'm not usually this shy but I couldn't help it I was in an new city and house and not to mention there was guys standing in front of me. And let's get this straight I am a nervous wreck when it comes to guys. I squeaked out a hi and while waving slowly like a small child, I looked up to Brennan and he rubbed my back in a comforting way.

Brennan cleared his throat and pointed to a guy leaning against the counter "This is Grayson Wildheart, he's a general surgeon, and an amazing one at that" I scanned him over, he had really kind eyes with long curly hair, I walked up to him expecting him to give me a handshake but unexpectedly Grayson pulled me into a tight hug. "I've heard so much about you! Trust me Bren wouldn't shut up about you moving here" he smiled laughing.

Brennan rolled his eyes playfully "And this is Braxton Colbert he's a pediatric surgeon, because he loves kids obviously" Brennan, Grayson, and Braxton laughed so hard tears escaped their eyes. Braxton had this loving and comforting feel that made me feel he would protect me no matter what, he had gray hues in his beautiful eyes with shaggy brown hair. He walked up to me and gave me a hug, now I'm not trying to be a creep and everything but this guy smelt like fresh trees and mint with a hint of the hospital.

Braxton released me from his hug and gave me a lopsided smile, "well I know you're family had good genes because you and Bren have amazing hair." I laughed, so hard I couldn't breathe tears started welling up in my eyes and finally I calmed down "Yeah I don't know about that Brennan looks like a freaking American Eagle model" I paused for a minute and continued "And I look like a whale that swallowed a potato" I scratched my head, "that doesn't make any sense whatsoever" I laughed.

Bren put his arm around me and smiled "That is not true! My lil sis SLAYS!" As soon Brennan bragged about me my cheeks went up into a pile of flames and I probably looked like a giant red tomato. "Alight enough with me bragging, you already know Logan and Nixion. I hope because they after all are your two best friends boyfriends." Brennan winked at me, and I smiled back.

Logan Varner and Ashlyn have been dating for almost a year, and they are totally in love. Logan was a sweet guy he had dark raven hair paired with hunter Green hues which tied up nicely with his flushed sun kissed skin. And then their was May's boyfriend Nixion Lyles, him and May are head over heels in love, and I'm pretty sure that they are getting married one day (trust me May already has everything planned out) Nixion had sand blond hair with eyes as blue as the ocean itself, and he always had a perfect tan.

"Yeah where is Nixion and Logan anyway?" I recalled after not seeing them up with everyone else. "Oh yeah they went to the store with Ashlyn and May." Grayson interrupted my random thoughts. I nodded my head and scanned the kitchen for something to do and that's when my stomach rumbled so loud it sounded like a whale lived in my stomach.

Everyone giggled and looked Bren straight into his eyes, " what do I look like to you? I'm not a middle aged woman with five kids trying to cook breakfast!" We all paused until Braxton broke the silence "well dude you are wearing a kiss the cook apron, so you technically got yourself into the whole mom ordeal" he chuckled, he took out his phone and captured a quick picture and quickly turned his phone off. Brennan flicked him off and continued flipping the pancakes and putting them on the superhero plates.

"Breakfast is done hallelujah!!" Grayson screamed towards the ceiling and ran to grab an already prepared dish and sat down at a large kitchen table next to the window, I did the same after Braxton and Bren. After applying only butter to my hot steamy pancakes a planted my self by Bren and Braxton praying to Jesus I didn't embarrass myself like always. I watched all three of them laughed and talk joining in on the conversation about how Grayson accidentally spilt hot coffee all over a nurse.

As I looked around the table I realized I didn't needed to be shy, these guys are already warming up to my heart, but maybe one of them was a little to close to heart.

Hi loves! It's me Kass
I haven't really updated this book in a long while, and to be honest I didn't know it would be this hard to write a book, I'm a new writer so if any of you have any good writing points please leave them down in the comments. So please comment and vote!
~kass