Mr. Shu's Childhood

My name is Merdan Shu. Most people nowadays call me Mr. Shu or the Demon Tutor.

It is true that I have done many horrible things to children and parents alike over the years, but the real reason for that was very clear. It wasn't anything against them, but against my parents as well as myself. My parents raised me almost the same way.

Back around the year of 1973, a small baby was born to the Shu family. I was that baby. Innocent and helpless at the time, prone to learning the way I was raised as the right way to be raised. My parents had never wanted any children, so they treated me like garbage. Most times, they ignored the fact that I was hungry or tired. I had to fend for myself.

When I was old enough, my parents sent me to a high-class elementary school. I was a bit of a slacker at the time, so I was never that interested in schooling to begin with. My parents also whipped me into doing my homework. Never sleeping, never eating, nothing but school and work mattered. By then, my life had become a wreck before my eyes.

One day, someone changed how I felt. It was time for lunch in school and everyone was eating their food. I usually scouted for any crumbs or spills on the floor just to have something to eat. Many of the kids never respected me for that or anything I did. But one kid came up to me, looked to the sandwich in his hand, and held it out for me to take. I was confused, wondering why he was helping me out, but gladly took the food and ate it with much enthusiasm. That kid became my only friend. We always did as much as we could together and I was happier than I had ever been in my whole life! But, our friendship was thrown away when middle school came around.

My middle school years were like torture. Everyone treated me like I was a wimpy nerd, physically beating me or teasing me with vulgar words. My parents at home still didn't respect me, and they whipped me ever harder on top of that. I tried to turn to my friend every time, but he always ignored me and walked off without a word. One day, I had overheard some news that his family became broke and they were living around the alleyways. So I went up to tell him how bad I felt for him, but by that time, he had become a bully like the others. He told everyone about everything bad and embarrassing that had happened to me over the years, from scouring food on the floors to how my parents treated me at home. Everybody looked down on me for years and that's how it always was until I became an adult.