🌊 🚼

Your P. O. V.

-How peaceful the ocean is today - I thought while staring at the endless mass of water in front of me. The stars shone brightly, reflecting on the water's surface. I exhaled calmly, and felt the gentle waving of the ocean, grasing my skin one way to the other.

Some distant voices started to grew near, I glanced a bit towards the source and saw one of the human's boats passing by. I dived into the water and swam to the bottom, hopping none of them saw me.

And as hoped, none of them did. I signed relieved and started swimming away. Following the stars on my way.

Once I was sure no human would see me at this point, I returned back to the surface and admired the stars once again. Calmness is all I need.

Soon that calmness faded away, as a distant cry was heard. - Humans here? There's no island nearby, and this is not a very frequent transited way - I thought, growing curious of the cry. I dove again and swam towards the source of the sound.

I returned back up, and looked around for the cry. Nothing. I dove again, and swam a bit more. Up again, and nothing. - Ugh! from where is it coming? - I dove one last time and looked from underneath, a small silhouette caught my attention, and I swam towards it.

My head popped from the water, and what I saw shocked me. A small baby was floating here all by their own, making me wonder why. "Hello?" I said. They looked at me with a heavily tear stained face. "Hey, little buddy, don't cry" I said while moving my hands cautiously towards him. He just keeps staring at me, maybe unaware of my hands. I took him on my arms and wiped some of his tears away. He grabbed my fingers and started nibbling on one of them, but he immediately pushed it away disgusted. "I know, my skin is clamy and salty, deal with it" I said jokingly, and then looked around. "Mmm... I wonder why are you here" I muttered.

I returned my gaze at him, and smiled a bit for him. I tickled his tummy and he giggled a bit, once I stopped he yawned, and fell fast asleep. I sighed "Guess we'll stick together for a while" I chuckled and glanced to the stars once more.

- Mmm... Where can I take this baby? - I thought and glanced around once more - It will take a while to find an island - I massaged one of my temples with my finger tips, "Ugh... there are just a few."

And then an idea popped in my head "I know where to take you now!" I chirped quietly and started swimming away with my upper body on the surface.

-----------------

After an long while, my skin was dried. It hurts to move now and my lungs struggled to breathe water. I felt like a fish out of the sea. I dove, but leaved my hands on the surface lifting the baby. I took in deep breaths and let my skin get clamy and moist. "This sure will be hard" I said panting. I huffed and returned to the surface, I held the baby with one arm and plunged the other into the water. After a while I switched arms.

I glanced again to the stars and tried to figure out where I was... - Good we are near - I felt him stirring a bit, I glanced at him and he woke up. "Hey, guess what? we are near" I said giggling, he giggled back and grabbed a fistful of my hair, great fully, he didn't pull it. He just stared and touched it. "Hehehe, you like it? I like yours too!" I chirped and tickled him again, receiving some giggles from him.

I look up and saw a huge shadow ahead, and a small light on top of it. "Little buddy, look! There it is!" I chirped happily while pointing at it.

Without thinking about it twice I dashed towards it at full speed. Careful with the baby on my arms.

Once we were near the shore, I stopped and dove one last time... Cuz maybe this idea was the worst. I took a final deep breath and pushed myself out if the water on the shore. "Please try to not slip off" I told the baby. I think he got it, since he held tightly to my arm.