Chapter 18

Raquel and Brittney made their way down a few floors, and followed the music to the group of hotel rooms where the party was. They could hear faint thumping music from outside and they both waited in front of one of the doors.

"Looks like we're a little late," Raquel said nervously.

"That means we're on time," Brittney said quickly putting some black finger nail polish on.

"Interesting color," Raquel said noting the very dark shade of black Brittney had chosen.

"What?" Brittney asked confused. "Oh yeah. Don't worry about it Raquel I'm just being weird."

"All right," Raquel replied wierded out.

"Shall we?" Brittney said gesturing to the door. Raquel nodded and Brittney loudly knocked on the door. Almost immediately a high school age boy opened the door.

"Ladies," he said smoothly inviting the two inside. There were three hotel rooms connected together the doors connecting them left open. The lights were turned off and there was a cheap strobe light on the small tables in each room. A jukebox in the middle room was playing club music and several bags of chips and other snacks were spread out among the rooms. As Kelsey said, the party was made up of almost entirely of the new cheerleaders and they were each segregated into small circles where girls from all of the different teams were talking with each other while sharing whatever was in the soda cans they had. Despite the boys best efforts though the party was as lame as Kelsey described it, and that was the number one topic of conversation among the groups of girls whenever the boys weren't around to hear them. Raquel noticed Alicia who was talking with a few of the boys, putting on enough of a show for all of the other girls there by herself.

"Ignore her," Brittney said noticing Raquel's stare.

"Yeah you're right," Raquel said knowingly.

"Hey you're Raquel right?" came a voice from one of the small groups.

"Yeah," Raquel said as she and Britney made their way into the group to start conversing.

     The girl that called her over was from Emerald beach, but despite their aggressive captain most of the cheerleaders from Emerald Beach and the other schools admired Raquel for reaching the position of captain so young. Raquel and Brittney continued to mingle among the groups for a while until the group of boys emerged from one of the bathrooms carrying a large punch bowl.

"Hey ladies," One of the boys said enthusiastically. "Dustin here made this punch special for you, so have at it." All of the girls gave a halfhearted clap as the boys eagerly began serving everyone cups of the punch. Raquel and Brittney both took a glass a punch without much though as they were engrossed in conversation. Brittney made a face as she drank the punch.

"Something wrong?" Raquel asked noting her friend's odd expression.

"Does this taste weird to anyone?" Brittney asked.

"Tastes fine to me," one of the girls.

Raquel's Wishजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें