Chicken Nuggets At A Christmas Party

💥💥SURPRISE💥💥
I am so very excited because my sister, murphnturf, went on a short story kick last Christmas and wrote a bunch of short stories and has allowed me the greatest honor of sharing them with you!! Woohoo!! I know you are going to love them just as much as I have!! Seriously this short story made me laugh so hard! So be the awesome person I know you to be and show her some love and support!!! Enjoy!!

***************

"Are you serious?!"

Nat gave one last glance up and down the long table covered in food and threw up her free hand in disbelief, nearly dropping her plate of food. She stumbled to recover her balance and nearly ran into the person standing behind her. 

She gave him a quick smile in apology, one which he only returned with a glare of contempt and an unspoken plea for her to keep moving. Nat cowarded under his gaze and moved along the table, glancing every which way, trying to find something resembling edible.

"I thought you guys were rich and yet I see no chicken nuggets." Nat muttered under her breath.

She reached for a plain dinner roll in attempts to make her nearly empty plate seem somewhat full and grabbed a napkin at the end of the table before making a beeline for the furtherest corner of the ballroom. She thought she heard an audible sigh coming from the people behind in the line when she left but everyone kept chatting and gathering food when she glanced back.

Only the guy who was standing behind not one minute ago seemed to notice her leaving. Nat made awkward eye contact with him when she realized she was staring and he was glaring. She quickly smiled, again apologizing for her existence and turned back to her quest to find the darkest corner in the largest room she had ever been in. Her faint hope of finding a quiet corner in which to spend the next two hours picking at her dinner were fading as she came near to the end of her second circuit around the ballroom.

She had nearly knocked over the two story tall Christmas tree occupying the center of the room and needed a place to hide fast. Her heart almost leaped out of her chest when she saw small window and window seat in the corner of the room and quickly made her way there before someone stole her sanctuary or she made a bigger fool of herself than she already felt she had.

Her new found hiding space allowed her all anonymity from the rest of the party but turned out to be a great vantage point and she could watch and analyze her fellow guests as she seemed fit without getting found out as the creep she suspected she was.

The room before her was filled to the brim with jewels, gowns, high heels and inflated egos. Seemed like everyone had been in the same sort of accident that had rendered them unable to keep their noses from sticking up in the air. The room was huge. Nat almost fell off her window seat trying to look up at the ceiling but was able to regain her seating without looking like a complete idiot or a dying swan.

"I'm pretty sure my whole apartment could fit in here." Nat muttered to herself.

It was about the tenth time she had found herself doing that, and she said a silent prayer hoping that this wasn't a nervous tic developing and that it was only because she had no one else to talk to.

The room was expertly decorated and there wasn't a single surface in the entire house that Nat had yet to find that didn't have a poinsettia. She had lost count of the red leaf planted and it's mainly manifestations through out the manor once she hit 20 and figured it wasn't worth her time to revel in the excess nature of the houses decorator.

"Seriously, this tree is massive! Where the hell do you even find one if these?"

"Special order from Canada."