Chapter 1

Derek was tapping his fingers along with the beat of the radio on the steering wheel. After finally finding a place to stop he turned his car into a truck stop and parked his car far away from the other vehicles.

Reaching over to the passenger sit his fingers passed the broken GPS system that Cora had broken and picked up the map instead. Derek had bought the GPS system right after they had left Beacon Hills months ago. They had driven up and slowly made their way to New York, they had stopped at many shops along the way to send postcards back to his old.. friends? Could he even consider them friends? Would they ever think of him other than the creepy older guy? He wonders if they ever think of him, if they would accept him if asked to join Scott's pack.

More importantly he wonders if He ever thinks about him. Sometimes he would see something in one of the shops and would want to buy it and send it to the younger man but then he would realized that maybe he wouldn't want anything from Derek.

Derek knew that He was probably angry at him, for not saying goodbye. He had just left his loft key at the young mans desk while he was with Scott before leaving with Cora.

Driving back up to New York felt like deja vu, only that this time it was with a different sister. At first they didn't talk about the pack, about what they had left behind. They talked about what Derek and Laura did in New York about their jobs and apartments and Cora told him about the pack she had stayed with in South America. How they had found her and took her in as one of their own. Derek was extremely grateful and knew that he was going to try to find a way to pay them back and show his gratitude for taking care of his little sister.

Two week after they left Cora had began to text Isaac and their uncle a couple days later she also started to text Stiles and Scott. She had told him that Stiles had asked for him. Well that they all had but he only heard Stiles name before he tried to shut down his mind. He had thought that with leaving maybe his feeling for Stiles would go away by they only increased with every time he stayed up and couldn't help but to try to remember every thing about Stiles. He would see whiskey colored eyes staring at him. He'd remember every time they had touched, how maybe it was just his imagination but he was sure that the younger mans hands had lingered on his shoulder before slowly tracing his fingers down his arms back in the elevator. Just remembering the warmth of Stiles fingers sent a pleasurable shiver down his spine.

Something about the younger man had always seemed so familiar. He smelled like home: a sweet vanilla aroma mixed with coffee and that pure smell that was just Stiles. He had tried to deny his feeling and when he had met Jennifer he had thought that maybe she would be enough to stop his feelings. But she turned out to be the evil darach that not only killed innocent people but she had kidnapped his pack members parents and if that didn't want to make him rip her throat out. Maybe he had simply been attracted to her because she reminded him of Stiles. They both shared similar traits.

In the end he had wanted to go comfort Stiles but he knew that Cora and him needed to get out of Beacon Hills. He wasn't sure that he would've been able to leave if stiles had asked him to stay so he had made the quick decision to leave without saying anything.

When Cora told him about how they had sacrificed themselves and about the darkness around their heart he had wanted to turn the car around an make sure that his Stiles was alright. Yes his Stiles because even if the younger man didn't feel the same, Derek was sure that nobody else would make him feel the way he did. Nobody else would be able to calm down and satisfy his wolf like Stiles did.

As much as he hated to admit it the younger man had found a way to sneak around all the walls he had tried to build.

Shaking his head Derek looks down at the map in front of him and almost turned back to make his way back the the border and go with Cora back to her old pack.

But he wasn't sure he could. Something inside of him called out and he felt a need like no other. A hunger of sorts, a need to be close to Stiles. He wanted to be able to hold the young man in his arms and rub his face on the younger mans neck. For stiles to be covered in his scent. That way everyone would know that Stiles was his that he was already claimed.

Derek ran a hand through his hair. He didn't understand half of the feeling going through his mind.

He had accepted the 'feelings' that he had for Stiles. He had come to terms with them a while ago but he wasn't planning on acting on them until Cora gave him a piece of her mind. He chuckled as he remembered Cora yelling and telling him to stop acting like a child and take action. That's how the GPS got broken. He was in the middle if trying to make her understand that he couldn't go back to Beacon Hills, that now that they had finally found each other Derek wasn't ready to let go of Cora when she yelled and crushed the GPS system in her hands. He was so much like Talia, their mother and Alpha.

She had convince him that if he didn't want somebody else to take Stiles then he should go and try to "get his man."

So that's how he ended up where he was right now. He had dropped of Cora at the Mexican border after she assured him that 'no she didn't need him to escort her all the way down to South American' earlier that day before going back to the hotel that they were staying at and picking his belonging and started to drive back home to Beacon Hills. Back to Stiles. And everybody else of course.

(A/N)
~new story :D it's probably only going to be a couple of chapters long but I'll try to make it interesting :D

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

<(^~^)>