Chapter 3

Derek stops his car right next to the "welcome to California" sign and takes a picture of it before sending it to Cora. Not even a minute has passed when she answers back with a smiley face. He texts back another emoticon and heads back to his car.

He gets back in and starts driving toward Beacon Hills. Well actually a Diner since he hasn't eaten but then he'll drive back to Beacon Hills.

He finds a small diner in a remotely small town, way smaller than Beacon Hills connected to a gift shop about an hour later. There's only about five people in there and one of them is slumped on the stool, his face on top of a newspaper drooling all over it. Scrunching his face in distaste Derek makes his way over and sits down in the far corner by himself. His checking his phone answering back to Cora's text when he feels the waitress in front of his booth.

"Hi, what can I get you?" The petite girl says with a bright smile.

"Just a Dr.Pepper, a plain burger and some curly fries please." He answers giving back the menu he had picked up by the door. Cora had laughed the first time he had bought curly fries knowing that he bought them only because they reminded him of Stiles.

"Okay, it'll only be a couple of minutes." She chirps back before leaving, her long blonde hair swaying from side to side.

Derek takes his time eating and thinks about how everyone will react to him returning. Cora had kept him updated so he knew that they were doing fine. He was surprised when he found out about Isaac and Allison and even more surprised when he found out that Scott was going out with someone else especially when he claimed that his love for Allison was real. He learnt that Erica and Boyd were staying with Peter. He also knew that the twins were still at school and he wasn't sure how he felt about that. Especially over how they had hurt Boyd. And as always his mind goes to Stiles.

He doesn't want to get his hopes up but he's sure that the the younger man returns his feelings. Not only because of some moments that they shared together but that's what his sister told him

~

"Look Derek for some strange reason that kid is crazy in love with you even with all of your grumpiness, moodiness, emotional constipated self, weird eyebrows and-"

"Gee, thanks." Derek interrupted his sister.

"No, look what I'm trying to say is that, when are you ever going to find somebody that is loyal, caring that knows your secret, knows what you're capable and is perfectly aware of all the baggage you carry around and still choose to be with you, somebody that won't betray you or turn they're back on you."

Not knowing what to say Derek stays silent. But Cora doesn't give him time to talk even if he was going to say something.

"This could literally be a one in a lifetime opportunity Derek! Stiles is smart and not that bad to look at-."

Not bad? Derek wants to interrupt, he wants to tell Cora just how beautiful Stiles really is. He feels his face flush on the memory of him climbing through the window at the same time that stiles was walking in from taking a shower with only a towel around his waist. Derek quickly tries to think of something else, not wanting to awkwardly pop a boner in front of his sister.

"-and you have to take a chance before he goes of to college and finds some random girl or guy. You have to take a chance before its to late!"

Derek gives a low growl, just the thought of Stiles with someone else angers him and makes him flush with jealousy. His wolf side is fricking possessive and wants to keep the boy locked up so that nobody else can touch him. Cora gives him a knowing look.

Derek agrees with her. He's done trying to fight something when he has no reason to. He decided to take what he wants. And what he wants- no, what he needs is Stiles.

"But what about our trip to South America? I can't just let you go all alone, not now that we're finally together."

"I'm not saying this to be mean or anything but after the fire I was all by myself, I learned how to take care of myself I don't need you to treat me like a kid, you grow up fast when you grew up like I did." she shrugs her shoulder trying to make it seem like it's not a big deal. "And I'm sure that if I ask one of my old pack mates will come and pick me up after I cross the border." She takes his hand and squeezes it slightly looking straight into his eyes. "I want you to be happy Derek, I want to know that you're able to smile just like you used to when we were younger. You deserve good things"

Derek squeezes her hand and looks down not being able to look her in the eyes, his gaze land on on the table. Guilt is eating him inside knowing that it's his fault that their whole family is gone. He hears her sigh, no doubt that she know what he's thinking, something that it seems that all the women in his family were good at.

"Just think about it okay?" She asks.

Derek tries to speak but no words come out he closes his mouth and tries another time but his word fail him again so he just nods his head and looks back up to watch a smile form on his little sisters lips.

"Good!" She says before stealing one of his fries and popping it into her mouth. "Because everybody else agrees."

Everybody else? "Wait, who is everybody else? Who have you been talking to? Have you been texting about my love life with the pack?"

She give him a cheeky grin before taking a big slurp out of her smoothie ignoring Derek's questions.

~

Derek pays for his lunch and thanks the waiter before making his way back to his car. Halfway down the parking lot he smells something weird, familiar but yet he can't really recall where he's smelt it before.

Stopping to look around he turns his head from side to side trying to pinpoint where the strange smell is coming from.

Then he remembers smelling a similar scent when he would visit a small potion shop when he lived in New York with Laura.

Witches. His mind supplies right before he feels a sharp pain on the back of his neck, reaching back he runs his fingers on something wet and brings the fingers in front of his face.

He sees that his fingers are red. 'Blood?' He questions right before his vision blurs, gravity failing him making him fall to the ground right before everything goes black.

(A/N)
~I have to keep rewriting Stiles P.O.V because for some strange reason my head keeps on making him all girly :O

Aaanyways

~vote~
~comment~
~follow~