4

Chapter 4

"um....." I say slightly confused.

I look up at Romeo and instead of a confused expression, he holds one of surprise. "Wait hold up, so you're a pink? Of all the families you could belong to, you belong to the pink family? Oh, I should've known..." He says shaking his head and pinching the bridge of his nose.

I narrow my eyes at him. What the hell does he mean by that? Something's going on around here, something I don't know and I don't like secrets.

I notice my dad glaring at Romeo which reminds me I'm in for it. "I don't ever wanna see you with that boy again, do you understand young lady?"

Do I understand? Well, do I? No I don't but I'd like to stay out of trouble for now.

"Oh, don't worry Mr. Pink, you're never gonna see me with your- your daughter ever again!" I hear Romeo say as he stands up the swing and runs off to where I assume his house is.

Again, will someone please tell me what the hell just happened?

"You've got a lot of explaining to do, young lady"

Me? I've got a lot of explaining?! Well he's one to talk!

I grouchily get in the car, slamming the door for extra effect.

"Did you just slam the door, young lady?!" My dad asks.

hmph. He's grouchy for someone who actually knows what's happening.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just have no idea what's happening so I decided maybe the car door knows" I say in a sarcastic voice.

Hmm, maybe I'm taking this too far... Oh well, that's what they get for leaving me in the dark.

"We'll talk about this later. When we get home and call the rest of the family to tell them what's happened." He says.

After that, it was silent for most of the ride home but considering it was only a five minute ride it was ok.

The moment we got home, I wanted to head straight to my room but my dad seemed to know what I was thinking because he said "oh no young lady, you're gonna stay at the living room with the whole family while we have the talk."

The talk? I am so in for it.

I didn't even do anything, he's barely even my friend..

Damn it, this is one weird family.

Five minutes later, the whole family was sitting on the comfy sofa in one awkward silence.

"Soooo..... If we're not gonna talk, can I just go to my room now?" I said getting fed up of this stupid silence

My dad glared at me "you can start with explaining what we saw, young lady"

"Really dad, really? That's just it- what you saw at the park was nothing! I barely knew the guy, we were hardly even friends. What's wrong with him, huh dad? Well I wouldn't know because I honestly don't know him at all!" I tell him.

I was getting really tired of this, I barely knew Romeo then they scold me for just talking to him? Unbelievable!

"Young lady, you do not talk to your father like that! And you were getting too close to romeo for my liking. He's a green, that's what's wrong with him. Why can't you understand that you're not to be seen getting buddy buddy with Romeo Green? Just stay away from him!"

Well, that draws the line.

I stand up and glare at him "I don't get it. What's wrong with the greens huh? I don't understand this any of this at all so why don't you please just make me understand. That way we can all rest and put this behind us"

My dad looked so mad and my mom was trying to calm him down by rubbing soothing circles on his palms. It seemed to be working so my Mom looked at me and said "Juliet, honey, why don't you go up to your room and I'll talk to your dad. I'll be up there in a little while to explain."

I just shake my head and toss them a casual "whatever" as I make my way up to my room.

I just don't get it, I say to myself as I plop down my bed.

Why was I getting scolded for doing something 'bad' when I didn't even know it was bad? I thought life would be better over here? But it doesn't seem better to me..

Well, now I think it's really time for revenge. If you haven't noticed yet, I was the kind of girl who always got revenge on people who I think deserves it.

I wasn't very patient and no way would I wait a couple of years until something goes wrong in the lives of those who did wrong to me. Karma's too slow for my liking- I like giving them my own version of karma.

But what do I do with my parents? Fake date romeo? Will that work? I don't even know what's happening. I guess I'll wait for my Mom to explain it all to me.

And those were my last thoughts as I fell asleep into a deep slumber..

Author's note: well, what did you guys think? I rewrote this a couple of times yet I still wasn't satisfied so I decided to leave it at that.

I also decided to go more in the story.... Oopsies. ;)

So tell me what you think, and please please please gove me advices. I love you all! :*

-bailey