Prologue

To Whom It May Concern,

            For the record, I would like to point out I was asked to write this. More accurately, I was forced to. I did not want to spend my time writing about my friends, but someone had to do it. And because I am the only angel alive who spent an abundance of time with both of them, it makes sense why they asked me to do it. No one else saw what went on inside the Bunker (for more information on this location, I am certain it can be found in another Winchester file). No one else was confided in by the elder Winchester as I was (do not fret, for our relationship can be found in the "Destiel" file, whatever that means). So as you see, it is only fitting that I take on this responsibility.

            But know this: it does not bring me joy to speak of my friends in this way. They were not a science experiment, though many angels will beg to differ, and I think it demeaning that they chose to analyze their relationship. Why us angels could not dig deep into another relationship, I do not know. I proposed Mark Antony and Cleopatra, for their relationship was a never-ending complication. Or perhaps if they preferred something more modern, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth. They were certainly young and dumb enough to be considered for this sort of file.

            But no, none of those would do. It had to be the fearless and intimidating Winchester and the bold yet naïve Miss Gilbert. I suspect the angels did not want to analyze love at all, but instead analyze yet another aspect of the infamous Winchester brothers. I suppose I will never know the true reason behind this file, even though I was the one to write it.

            And so, against my wishes and better judgment, I have produced this file. I have done my best to compile their important moments, different components of their relationship, and expand on what exactly it means to be "soulmates."

            With all my heart, I hope this file shows those dicks with wings, as Dean called them, what it really means to be in love.

Sincerely,

Castiel

Author's Note:

Eeek! I'm so excited to share this book with you! I've been working on this idea for a while now and I think it's going to be SO FUN to write (and hopefully read)!

I think I explained it pretty well up above, but I want to make sure there's no issues. So just to clear things up so nobody gets confused, this story is going to focus their over-arching story and the big moments in their relationship. So there are going to be a lot of time jumps. I think there will also be some chapters focusing on smaller things--like how they act day-to-day, their routines, inside jokes, etc--but I haven't decided yet. (I'm trying to write this without an outline, 'cause I think it will be more fun and exciting, so I really haven't worked out a lot of the details yet.)

Okay two more things then I'm done lol. One: Each chapter title will be defined at the beginning of the chapter and that word will have to do with what the chapter is about. Two: Throughout the chapter's there will be "editor notes." Those are Castiel's interjections into the story (his opinion, added information, etc.) because I'm making it as if he wrote this file.

Okay I think that's finally everything. If anyone's still confused just let me know and I'll clarify more, I'm just so excited for this story!

Thank you guys for reading my previous writing, and I hope you enjoy this story!

~ spnjackles