[hollow]

hol·low
/ˈhälō/
adjective

having a hole or empty space inside《

》the word used to describe hopelessness in its truest form, as if nothing will ever be okay again《

"What in the hell is going on?" You muttered to yourself, throwing open your armoire to see that your riding pants were still there, thankfully. And your things had been brought up while you had taken a short nap. Throwing in your least girly clothes to your suitcase, you were disturbed by a knock at your door.

"Lady Y/N?" Sean's voice resonated through the door easily, he was quite a loud man most of the time.

"Coming!" You walked over to open the door for him. "What time is it, exactly?"

"Just about lunchtime, your family wants to know if you're up to eating with them. I offered to tell you when I came to check up on you."

"I feel fine, fantastic, actually! Are they dining in the dining room, the tea garden, or the balcony?"

"The tea garden, I believe." Sean seemed reluctant to leave, and you turned to him as you sat down to put on your shoes.

"Something wrong?"

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, clearing his throat before speaking. "Rachel asked your parents if she could be betrothed to me."

You couldn't help but burst out laughing, clutching your sides as tears started forming in your eyes because you were laughing so hard. "You should feel honored, Sean. The most interest she's ever shown in a boy was when she knocked the front teeth out of some snot-nosed prince that tried to kiss her."

The doctor started laughing as well, offering you an arm to help you stand up. "I'll see if I can persuade her against trying to marry you." You promised him, and he thanked you. "Now, come on, I have the distinct feeling that lunch is going to be potatoes and roast."

"Is it because I'm Septican?" Sean mock offense, and you rolled your eyes at his comment.

"No, because it's harvest time for potatoes in Fandomia." You elbowed him in the side, and he grinned.

"I'm glad you're feeling better, My Lady."

"Me too, Sean."

After lunch, which did have potatoes, you declared that you wanted to give Rachel her first dagger lesson.

"Y/N, it's not time yet." Your mother said, but you shook your head.

"She needs to learn, Mother. Who better to teach her than someone who just fought off bandits a week ago?"

"Fine, but wooden ones first."

"Of course, Mother." You kissed her cheek before gesturing for Rachel to come with you.

"Should I get in my riding clothes or something?" Your little sister asked, struggling to keep up with you. "And why are we going to the stables and not the armory?"

"Promise not to tell anyone?" You whispered, pulling her behind a tree. She fervently nodded, so you continued on. "We're gonna go on a secret mission, so you gotta be real quiet about it."

"Where are we going?" She whispered back, looking around suspiciously.

"Fischbach."

The way the kingdom borders were, your lands had a small expanse of land cozied up right behind the Fischbach castle. This was perfect, because you needed to speak with Amy immediately. And before anybody noticed you and your sister were gone, you didn't know if there was a traitor in your palace, and if they were planning something more sinister than a rumor.