The Parents you never knew

'Where are they all?' Mr Weasley grumbled, checking his watch for the billionth time in an hour. 'They should have been here before lunch, business or no business!'

He was talking, of course, about the Order members that had been contacted as soon as the six teenagers from the future had explained their situation. He knew he, Bill, Remus and Sirius were more than capable of handling the whole bizarre thing, but the necklace was another matter. It could potentially have Dark magic in it, and they needed to know exactly the curse that had been placed upon it to transport the kids back in time, and start working on what was to be done with the young time travellers. They didn't know if their presence would be missed in the future, or if time, in a manner of speaking, quite literally stood still. This wasn't a Timeturner they were talking about – they had no idea what kind of magic this necklace had had placed upon it, and this put the teenagers in danger.

'I'm sure they'll be along soon, Arthur,' Mrs Weasley assured her husband. She was cleaning up the remains of lunch, having argued Lily and Hugo away half an hour ago when they offered to help, saying they should relax and get to know everyone else, and stop worrying about this necklace business for a bit. 'We'll certainly know when Tonks is here, in any case.'

She'd barely finished speaking when they heard something crash to the floor, followed quickly by a yelp and a sheepish, 'Sorry!'

Mrs Weasley sighed as Sirius' mother began to shriek and wail in the hallway.

'It's all right, Tonks!' Arthur called, marching down the hallway to meet her. He grabbed hold of the curtains with Sirius, who'd come out of the living room, and together they eventually managed to force the curtains shut and silence the screeching portrait. 'Glad you're here. Where are the others?'

'Oh, Mad-Eye and Kinsgley had some things to tie up, but they'll be here soon,' Tonks told him. Her hair was shoulder-length and violet today, whilst her eyes were blue. She carefully set the ugly umbrella stand she'd knocked down back on its feet again and beamed at Mr Weasley. 'So, what's the emergency?'

'Nothing you could imagine in your wildest dreams,' Mr Weasley said as way of a reply. 'It's better just to show you.'

Tonks followed Mr Weasley to the living room, where everyone had gathered and were chatting in their small groups. The atmosphere was still a little awkward, and anyway, everyone knew they would relax more once they knew something was being done about their situation.

'Everyone, Tonks is here!' Mr Weasley announced, striding into the middle of the room. 'For those of you who don't know, this is –'

'You're Tonks?' James breathed. 'You're Teddy's –'

Rose punched James in the arm so hard he was sure there would be a bruise there for months.

Tonks, however, wasn't listening. Instead, she was staring at the six newcomers, her mouth agape.

'Harry,' she said slowly, 'were you aware you'd been cloned?'

'Tonks,' Bill said, 'we have some explaining to do.'

Half an hour later, Tonks had finally got to grips with the fact that these kids were from twenty-seven years in the future, and were Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Draco Malfoy's children.

'Are there any more nasty surprises for me?' she joked, once the explanation about the necklace was over.

'Yeah,' James said. 'Except, they're not nasty.'

'James, will you shut up?' Rose begged, beyond annoyed.

'You know, I wish you lot would just come out and tell us everything,' George said. 'It would be a lot easier.'