I'm Sorry

Disclaimer: I don't own this. If I did, DRACO AND RON WOULD BE REAL AND ALL MINEMINEMINE.

'Yes, it's absolutely hilarious!' Victoire snapped hysterically.

'Whoa, what's wrong with you two?' James asked.

'Yeah, you were all lovey-dovey and pukey and now Vic looks ready to hex you into the middle of next week, Teddy,' Hugo said conversationally.

'Well, I sort of broke Vic's antique jewellery box…' Teddy said guiltily.

'I got that from my grandmother!' Victoire cried angrily. 'Not you, Grandma, my mother's mother. It's the only thing I've got left to remind me of her!'

'Vic,' Teddy tried to apologise. 'I'm sorry – really, love, I am –'

'Wait, what's breaking a stupid jewellery box got to do with being sent here?' James asked insensitively. Victoire promptly burst into tears. 'What? What did I say?' James asked indignantly, a bewildered look on his face.

Rose smacked him on the arm. 'Insensitive git,' she accused. 'It was her grandmother's antique jewellery box. Her grandmother isn't alive anymore.' She said this last part quietly so Victoire wouldn't hear her and get even more upset. Victoire and her French grandmother had been very close, and the jewellery box had been the old lady's parting gift to her granddaughter before she passed away two years ago (well, two years ago in the future).

Realisation seemed to dawn on James. 'Oh…' he said slowly. Then he looked sheepish. 'Oh.'

Teddy wrapped an arm around Victoire's shoulders. 'Sssh, sssh… it's okay, love, don't cry… let's not get into this now, we have more important things to worry about, like how we're stuck twenty-seven years in the past.' Victoire cried harder and Sirius snorted with laughter at Teddy's failure.

'Were she and her grandmother close?' Hermione asked Rose quietly.

'Very,' Rose said. 'That was Teddy's dismal attempt to try and cheer her up while moving on to another topic.'

To her and everyone else's surprise, Hermione stepped towards the sobbing young woman, who was actually eight years older than her at this moment, and put her arms around her, taking her from Teddy. Victoire cried loudly into Hermione's shoulder, her sobs muffled, and Hermione spoke softly to her until her crying finally subsided. The young woman withdrew from Hermione's arms, sniffing and wiping her eyes. 'Thank you,' she told Hermione simply. 'S-sorry,' she added to the rest of the group. 'I d-don't know w-what came o-over me…'

'It's OK,' Sirius said hastily. He'd never been very good with crying girls – and neither had James.

'Sorry for making you cry, Vicky,' the eldest Potter son muttered, an embarrassed attempt at an apology. Victoire simply nodded, still trying to regain her composure.

'Er – yeah, so.' Sirius coughed awkwardly. 'How you got here…?'

'Oh yeah,' Teddy sighed in relief, before his face suddenly fell again. He glanced at Victoire fearfully. 'Well, Vic and I were in our room getting ready to go out to dinner, and I tripped over the dresser table leg and went headfirst into the dresser, knocking Vic's jewellery box off. The lid flew off its hinges, and it kind of cracked down the middle…' Victoire showed no signs of sobbing hysterically again, so Teddy continued, confidence renewed. 'Then before we had time to register what had happened, this blue light appeared and… well, it engulfed us. There's no other way to describe it.'

'That's weird,' Lily remarked. 'The exact same thing happened to us… with a necklace.'

'What necklace?' Teddy asked, and the group proceeded to tell him and Victoire all about the old necklace that Albus, Rose and Scorpius had found in the attic of 12 Grimmauld Place, and what their thoughts were on it being cursed.