Chapter 22

I noticed y'all do better with comments when there's something bad happening lol, or some drama. Know what that means, some shit gotta go down to get y'all to talk.

BET!

The picture above is Brian. I chose Brett Young because I happened to be listening to one of his songs when I realized I haven't put a face on him this whole book. Plus his name starts with a B lolol. 

The song above is just so beautiful. It fits pretty good. In fact the surprise y'all are in for fits the song too. 

INLINE COMMENTS

20+

ENJOY ♥

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Maverick POV

"Oh snap, Mav's woman allowed him to come hang with the big dogs tonight." Ben says as I walk into the bar. I needed a night with the guys, and thankfully Nyla was understanding about it.  

"Actually, I never leave the house because everything I need is there." I laugh, shaking hands with him and a few other guys.

"Ain't nothing wrong with that boe." Billy says. He's the married friend and probably the wisest among us idiots."That's how you know you're a man, when you don't have to seek entertainment by hanging out with a bunch of tobacco mouth dumbasses, rather at home with a woman you're in love with." we all laugh.

"We just missed ya brother, that's all."  Kenny says.

"Well, I'm here now. First round on me." I laugh.

After their sixth, and my second round we were playing pool, acting like wild animals. It felt like old times really, and I was definitely enjoying it. I promised Nyla I wouldn't really get drunk because I was driving. 

"I tell ya one thing," Ben says, "If you hadn't bagged her, Brian sure would've." he laughs. I shake my head.

"I know he's your brother and all Ben, but Brian couldn't be half the man I am on his best day and my worst." I shrug. "He couldn't take Nyla from me, if I gave her to him. Not even the slightest threat." I take another sip of my beer. "She's literally like five weeks from pushing my baby, Brian never stood a chance."

"Look at you." Billy laughs. "I ain't ever seen this side of you Redneck." he laughs. 

"Okay, I'll address the elephant in the room." Coby starts. "What's it like, being with a black woman?" he leans on the pool table looking up at me. 

"What do you mean?" I sit my beer down. 

"I'm just curious. I've been single for about a year. I'm used to blonde bimbos, and I don't think I want that anymore. I wanna 'swirl' a little bit." we all laugh. 

"I mean, it's just like being with any woman, just more of a woman instead. At least that's what it's like with Nyla. She's just... everything." I shake my head. 

"Well does she have a friend or something hell?"

"Not in Asher. I wish she did have friends here because I feel bad for going out with y'all while she sits at home with Macy."

"She can hang out with Reagan anytime she wants." Billy says. "In fact, how about the four of us go to dinner or something tomorrow night?"

"I think she'd like that."

"To hell with that, this friend?" Coby says. "I wanna meet her. Maybe I need some chocolate in my life too." we all laugh. 

"One more round over here." Ben says. After getting our drinks, Ben lifts his. "To Mav, my boy since middle school. Many blessings and much love to you and your future wife, and baby girl. We love you man, but keep in mind, Saturday Nights are for the boys." They laugh.