Her Injuries

Jordan pov

Apparently I was brought to the hospital. When I woke up again there was a cast on my wrist.

I looked around, Alaina wasnt here.
I sighed, letting myself relax against the uncomfortable pillows.

I closed my eyes. Letting my mind wander.

I heard the door open. I looked to see what it was.

"Oh! Youre awake." He said.

I nodded. Ignoring the slight pain at the base of my skull.

He looked at his clipboard. "Hello, Im Dr. Clark, and if Im correct youre Jordan Brooks?" He asked, looking back up at me.

I nodded again. This time wincing when the pain was worse.

He furrowed his eyebrows for a moment. His relaxed smile returned quickly though.

"Okay Jordan, is there anyone we can call about your injuries?"

I froze. I heard as the heart monitor sped up. I started hyperventilating. It was getting harder to breathe. She would punish me if I told. She would make it worse.

I felt hands on my shoulders. My breathing started to slow down. The beeps of the monitor slowed too.

I looked up to see the doctor's face.
My chest still heaved. But I was calming down. His touch was gentle, even though his hand rested upon one of many bruises.

"I-im sorry." I whispered, looking at my lap.

"Thats ok. What about the girl you came in with?" He asked.

"Alaina? She, shes my friend." I whispered.

He hummed in response. Checking his chart. "Okay Jordan, according to this you have a broken wrist, 3 fractured ribs, 2 incorrectly healed ribs which we will have to rebreak and reset, a sprained ankle and a mild concussion." He looked up worriedly. "Jordan?"

I looked up at him. Concealing my fear and just giving him a blank look.

"Are you abused at home?" He asked seriously. I just looked at him. Conveying nothing. It wasnt like he could help anyway.

After a few seconds he sighed. "Ok youre on painkillers now, when the pain returns press this-" he pointed to a button on the wall. "- and a nurse will give you more."

I nodded, ignoring the slight pain that had started throbbing.

"In the meantime you can watch tv or read." I then noticed the tv screen and books nearby. I nodded again.

She gave me a smile before walking away. "Wait!" I called, just remembering something. He stopped, turning to look at me. "Yes?"

"Umm. Paper and pencils?" I asked, I was itching to draw.

He gave a small smirk. "Next to you." Was all he said before leaving.

I looked next to me to see a sketchbook and a small set of artist pencils.

.