Long Time Coming

Maya's P.O.V
Six months, it's been six months since I've seen Matteo. Honestly it feels good to be able to walk outside and not worry about being gunned down. Having a normal life has brought me so much peace...but not too much. I'm definitely paranoid that Matteo will find me.

"Samara order at table 3" Buck said snapping out of my trance. Yep, you've guessed it I work at a diner now, taking a low profile job is a good way not to be found. It's also a small town so they're not offering many jobs.

"Got it Buck" I replied grabbing my notepad. I approached the table occupied by two teenage girls and put on my most polite face. "Hi, Welcome to Buck's Diner I'm Samara and I'll be your waitress today. What would ya like?" I asked.

"Um I'll have a chicken pot pie with a sweet tea" the first girl said.

"Alright, you?" I questioned the other.

"I'll have a steak with a side of green beans and lemonade to drink" she stated. I copied down the orders and made my way back to the kitchen. I placed them on the order racks and tapped the bell.

"2 orders Buck" I said pointing at the rack. I looked at the clock and saw that my shift would be over in 30 minutes. I waited for the food to cook then I delivered it to the table. 5 minutes now, I actually enjoy my job but being on my feet all day is tiring. I don't really talk to many people in town except my coworkers and Bianca when she comes to visit. She was raised here so she bought a house to come to and relax. I looked at the clock again and it seemed to tick slower.

"Go ahead and go Samara" Nancy said noticing my antsy mood.

"Thanks" I replied gratefully, I removed my apron and clocked out. I made it outside to my one and only love, Bear. I turned on my phone and I had 0 messages, just how I like it. The grocery store was two blocks away so it didn't take me long to get there. I found a parking spot then got out and walked inside. I grabbed a handheld basket and made my way to the aisles. Being with a mob boss I wouldn't be able to do domesticated shit like this without being watched by several guards. I just want to have a normal life.....right?
__________________________________
Matteo's P.O.V

I've been looking for Maya ever since I got back to The States

I've been looking for Maya ever since I got back to The States. My informants can't find anything about her, it's like she fucking fell off the face of the earth. So I've sent 4 men to each state to find her....that was 3 months ago and yet and still no sign of the infamous Maya Carson. I returned back to office work also so I needed to hire a new assistant. And she's such a fucking attention whore but she's good at her job. There was a knock on my door then she entered the room.

"Mr. Grayson you have a conference call in 20" she stated.

"Thank you Bianca, is that all?" I sighed.

"Well I was wondering if you aren't busy later maybe we could...."

"We could never, because you're not my type. I told you I have a girlfriend. Now if that's all Bianca, show yourself out" I replied. I pulled up the files sent to me from my informants and reviewed them. It's a fucking dead end, then I remembered something. Bear was gone when we got back, she had to keep the same tag until she made it to wherever she was going. I just need to figure out her tag number then I can get someone to match it on freeway and highway footage. Damn, that's going to take forever but it's more progress than we've made in months. I picked up my phone to make a few calls. I am going to find you Maya.
_________________________________
Bianca's P.O.V

I shut his office door behind me and stomped away

I shut his office door behind me and stomped away. Why does he think Maya is so much better than me? Or should I say 'Samara'. Yes I know he's been looking for her and it was convenient that she moved right next door to my house that I barely use. She thinks I'm her friend but I'm really just using her to figure out how to get Mr. Grayson to date me. From the little bit that Maya has told me, they didn't even have sex. So he's pussy whipped from pussy he didn't even get....men what are they good for?