Back At It

I was back in France even though I swore I wouldn't come back under any circumstances. Maribella greeted us at the door with a baby.

"Um Matteo did you miss it" I questioned.

"Uh no that's Cat and Gio's baby" he replied grabbing our bags.

"Maya, come here my daughter" Maribella said holding out her free arm to hug me.

"Hi, Maribella. Who's this cutie" I asked.

"This is Raphael, say hi to auntie" she said in a baby voice to which the baby replied with a bunch of cooing. "Come inside, we're all waiting" she added. I walked in to see Cat, Giovanni, Ariane, and Adalie standing in the hallway waiting.

"Hey everybody" I said breaking the silence. Cat and Gio both smiled and hugged me.

"You guys made an adorable kid" I stated.

"I don't wanna brag but, I know" Gio said high-fiving Cat causing me to laugh.

"Ariane, Adalie" I said acknowledging them.

"Just because you're back doesn't mean anything, you won't win" Adalie sneered.

"You're pregnant and he still wants me, I've already won sweetie" I smiled and shrugged.

"Bitch" she mumbled.

"Might want to mind your tongue, the queen has returned and once the baby is out, if it's his, I could have your ass booted out into the street and have your kid calling me mommy" I smirked. She opened her mouth like she wanted to say something but chose the smart route and closed it back. I moved down to Ariane and smiled. "You know we got off on the wrong foot I'm hoping things will be better this time" I stated cheerily.

"I'm gonna kick your ass" she replied.

"Whoa, tough crowd, you'll come around" I smiled. No more biting my tongue, this time around I'm gonna make France my bitch.

"Well this has been tense but we're gonna go unpack now, Maya?" Matteo said

"Coming dear" I laughed following him to the stairs. "Oh and Adalie let us know if we get too loud, you know Matteo he gets a little rough sometimes" I snicker then wink at her and make my way upstairs. When we got to the room I flopped onto the bed and sighed. Feelings of nostalgia washed over me, his sheets smell just like him. I turned onto my side and closed my eyes I remembered Roman being here too. I sighed and sat up I haven't heard from him in months.

"What's wrong" Matteo asked.

"Nothing Victor" I laughed getting up to help him unpack. "Never thought I'd come back here" I added

"It's for the best and I have my assistant handling my corporate business affairs so I can focus on you" he replied.

"Assistant? You got a new one?" I asked.

"Yeah she's good at her job too unprofessional though"

"What do you mean" I questioned

"She's just thirsty that's all" he shrugged.

"Sounds great, can't wait to meet her" I smirked