[04]

❛  𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 ❜

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

⟪ Stephan[ie] Brown ⟫

⟪ Cassandra Cain ⟫

⟝ ⟞

Chapter 4 | Sins of our fathers

The Story so Far...

Our story began introducing the Lady Barbara Gordon and Barbara, much to her own worry, has been having dreams about the deceased Mad King, Joker. But no matter how realistic and worrying the dreams are, her father simply brushes them off as 'just dreams.'

Later on that day, Barbara accompanies her father, who is the Minister of Justice, to the castle, where he is to attend a meeting with King Bruce. While the two are engaged in a meeting of their own, Barbara meets up with the first prince, Richard Grayson, who happens to be a close childhood friend of hers.

Dick invites Barbara to join him in helping train some new knights. Barbara agrees and as promised, the next day shows up. Here she meets a cheery young boy, Stephan Brown, who is Prince Dick's new squire, still-in-training. The two get along quite well and become fast friends.

In the next chapter, "Mark of Cain," A banquet is being held in honour of the League of Justice, and amidst the festivities, seemingly out of nowhere, a dagger is thrown at King Bruce, just narrowly missing being fatal. King Bruce sends Prince Dick and the Titan Division to search out and capture the would-be assassin, sending all the other guests back to their rooms. Barbara decides to secretly join in the hunt but while searching has a sudden vision, with two mysterious men discussing something about a girl named Cassandra, that leaves her unsettled and faint.