\\ chapter 1 // chills

A yellow gem with hair in pigtails, sat on a silky cushion, with a red gem sitting in front of her.

" Stop, pulling my hair! " grumbled the red gem, squirming around.

" rue, stop or it will be lopsided! " the other answered.

That just, made the other gem grumble even more. There was another red gem sitting near, watching the two with mischief in their gaze, as they scooted closer to the pair.

" c'mon rue! Yellow saph, already did my hair! " they, gushed as they fiddled with their stray strand of  curly light red hair.

" But I don't want my hair up, scarlet!" Rue growled.

As, you probably can see reader, there are two rubies. The three have  given nicknames to the two of them, so they wouldn't get them mixed up. And it was easier than saying there full facet.

Just than, a grey gem with white hair, and a black cloak came strutting in. You could only see their cold yellow eyes, glow under the hood of theirs, but it would still send shivers down your back while looking.

" and what, are you three doing?" Her voice was cold and icy as she pulled the gushing gem off the floor like a ragdoll. And making her stand on her feet, doing the same with the other ruby.

" you two are just supposed to stand guard, not do this! " she, gestured to the rubies messy put-up hair.

She than looked over to the sapphire.

" I should not have to tell a sapphire like you, to act  better. You, shouldn't be acting like a useless hematite!"

The two rubies looked at each other, and mumbled. " we're sorry miss howlite. " but it was merely only whispers in the wind to the older gem.

" If you, were sorry than you WOULD DO YOUR JOBS! Go make yourselves useful! Now!" Howlite answered.

The rubies, quickly scurried away, and shut the big door behind them, leaving no trace of the two being there, leaving the sapphire with the awful gem. Howlite, began to walk out, of the room but before she closed the door, she said four words that sent shivers down sapphires spine.

" yellow diamond needs you. " and with that, she closed the door and the room was quiet.

The sapphire than, quickly stood up, and walked silently over to the door the three gems have left out of. She pulled on the cold handle, and went into the big halls of the building.  She shut the door behind her, as she than started walking down the silent corridor, passing many gems like quartz and  zinc gems. The halls that were usually buzzing with activity, went silent as the sapphire passed. The gossip of the latest news now, turned to murmurs. Even the high ranking gems that were just talking about their missions, seemed to stop bragging about how sufficient it had been to homeworld, and gave nervous glances towards the yellow gem. They always had been this way around the sapphires seeming, how they knew the future and, that anything they said the diamonds would surely believe. None of them had tried to befriend the sapphire for fearing they would give away any secrets, that could get them shattered. But only the two rubies had be brave enough to befriend one.

Back to the present. She, was now In front of the giant door. The door that led to the one of the most feared gem on homeworld. Yellow sapphire gazed up at the yellow diamond symbol on the door and, suddenly the door opened. She than walked in. She was about to talk to yellow diamond.

                  Oh dear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author-chan is tired now. My thumbs are numb from typing up a storm!

Word count: 605

I hope you like the first chapter of this book! There will be at least 25-30 chapters.