Rivalry

Maynor Holt

"Ya Carburetor was actin up, wasn't blendin da air wit the fuel properly..but I took care a dat. You good ta go na'" I explained to what musta been my 20th customer fa the day.

It was Monday so it was busy as fuck at da shop all damn day.

"Thank you Maynor, you always a life saver," ma last customer said as she gave me a $50 tip.

"Mrs Benjamin always so nice to you. Think she want you?" Reyna came over askin' as we watched Mrs Benjamin back out da shop.

I chuckled, " I ain't dat desperate even if she was."

Reyna kissed ha teeth, " nigga acting choosy cause he getting some expensive punanny."

I bust out in laughter at ha choice a words. Me and Mitchell had come up with a three days a week schedule. In fact we'd hooked up last night at some fancy ass hotel room.

"You seeing her tonight?" Reyna asked as she started packing up ha tools.

"Nah, not til Wednesday," I said unbuttonin' ma uniform shirt.

"Good. Your ass can come to da bar tonight then. It's Derek's birthday tomorrow," she said referring to one of our coworkers.

"I'a come. Doe I don't really fuck with da nigga," I mumbled da last part.

"Let's get goin then nigga," she said as we headed fa the time sheets to clock out.

**************
Mitchell Caufield

"What's another word for schematic?" I asked myself as I paused from my report I was typing up.

I looked at my clock on my desk seeing it was going past 6 pm. Lately I was in a good mood and found myself being really productive at work.

"Cauliflower, you trying to gain points with the boss by staying late?" That annoying voice interrupted my train of thought.

I took a deep breath before looking up to see Ron tossing a baseball up and down in his hand.

"I'm just finishing up my report. How's yours going by the way?" I shot back knowing he had only started that afternoon, thanks to his assistant Jen's office gossip.

"Turned it in," he said nonchalantly as he continued tossing his ball.

I raised a brow before scoffing, "turned it in...incomplete?"

He gave me a cocky smile, " you really think Jen just runs her about me in this office? She mentioned you skipping lunch so I pushed back some client meetings and completed my report...boss gave me this," he said examining the baseball.

You sir, should have used that time to go see a barber and invest in a proper toupee. I thought.