chapter 11 [ a simple day ]

.

.

.

"It hurts.." I mumbled to myself as I rub my face for a while before cradling my nose.

I can't believe a basketball just hit my face. I thought that as long as I don't have the ball on me, I'll be fine, but I guess I thought wrong.

"I'm sorry.." A person I didn't recognize said.

"It's fine.." I said cradling my nose. "It's my fault for not catching the ball anyway."

"Is he okay?" A very familiar voice asked as I quickly face her or rather him.

I stared at Seijurou in surprised as he crouched down in front of me and watched the people around me back away insignificantly.

"Ah..um..I'm not sure." The same person from before mumbled.

Before anyone could say anything else, Seijurou removed my hand from my mouth revealing a not very pleasant sight as there was blood trailing down from the nose.

"Tch. You catch the ball not let it hit your face, idiot." He said to me, before standing up and over his hand to me. "Can you stand?"

"Yeah.." I replied, covering my nose and mouth again and was about to take his hand but stopped when I see many pairs of eyes on us.

I gulped and was about to lower my hand, whombut I never get the chance to when Seijurou took it to his hand and pull me up.

"Where's the coach?" Seijurou asked the whothrow the ball at me.

"Uh..he's..right there." The boy replied, hesitantly, pointing his finger towards a man with polo shirt.

"Thanks." Seijurou thanked the boy before pulling me by the arm and dragged me towards the coach.

The coach probably noticing that someone is coming closer to him, turned around and was slightly surprise by the sight.

"Coach." Seijurou called out to him as he removed the hand from my face once more. "Akashi's nose is bleeding and I would want your permission to let him off for awhile and let me accompany him."

"...alright." The coach said hesitantly and is probably also confuse. "Go ahead..."

Seijurou pulled my arm again and was about to walked out the courtroom, but suddenly turned towards the coach again.

The coach looked really confuse this time.

"Coach." Seijurou called again.

"Yes?"

"If Akashi had been acting slightly off yesterday or today and for the next couple of days. Please excuse him for he's not feeling very well these days."

"Alright. I'll keep that in mind."

With that said, Seijurou pulled my arm again and went out the courtroom. And by that time, he had intertwined our fingers, causing us to switch back.

But that didn't stopped Seijurou from pulling my arm as he covered his mouth and nose, like I was before.

I could only follow him and smile bitterly. "Seijurou-kun.." I called out hesitantly. "I'm so sorry. I was distracted and it just-"

"I know." He cut me off, not looking back. "I saw it with my own two eyes just a while ago."

"...sorry."

"It's okay, it's not your fault."

"But it is-"

"Shh. Don't start anything, my nose's still bleeding."