Chapter. 1 Rainbow Madness

My alarm blared loudly, shattering the beautiful silence, groaning loudly I slammed my hand on the snooze button and rolled onto my back. Blearily I rubbed my eyes and stared up at the yellow splotches staining the white ceiling of the apartment that I shared with my my best friend and adopted sister Nico Hideki. If only put budget could afford a nicer place, but for now we're stuck with this.

       I sighed deeply as I closed my eyes to mentally prepare myself for the day.

       "Nezu! Get your ass up! Time for breakfast!" A moment of silence passed before I heard her once more. "I made pancakes!" Now this caught my attention causing me to throw the covers off of my 'tiny for my age' body and practically skip the door. I opened it and before I could take into the tiny hallway a large figure jumped on me and pushed me to the floor.

       "God damnit Nero! Get off of me!" I shouted as I struggled to move the pure bred white husky off of me. Instead of following my orders he began licking and slobbering all over my face. Nico came from the kitchen to see what was making all of the ruckus, once she saw the predicament she easily lifted Nero off and away from me.

       "Jeez, Nezu. You're weak as fuck." She chuckled while putting a hand over her mouth in amusment. "Now get up. We have to be at work in an hour." My loud groan caused her to laugh once more before she reached down to help me up.

       We walked into the living room laughing while Nero followed us, wagging his tail. Our t.v stood proudly on a desk Nico's father had given to us and adjacent from that was a couch her mother insisted we buy.

       The first day we had began to move everything in I saw three grown men cry. It was Nico's father ,Dom Hideki, her eldest brother ,Damien Hideki, and her older brother ,Vence Hideki. They were helping us move in.

       Nico and I had been vibrating with energy. Her mom ,Mara Hideki, had been watching us with glowing blue eyes. She was confined to a wheelchair because she was in a late stage of cancer. Her sons have lived with her ever since we found out and never dared to leave her side.

       We were talking about our plans to do with the once barewalls when we heard a sniffle behind us. Both of us turned around to witness Dom in tears.

       "I'm just so proud of both of you. You've grown to be so beautiful and courageous. Nico you take after your mother and Nezu you've taken your own path away from you parents so I'm glad I can call you my son." I had nearly gotten onto my knees and bawled, everyone had tears in their eyes.

       "We are glad we can call you our brother." Damien sniffled while Vemce nodded his agreement. We all settled that with a group hug and teary laughs.

       I sat down with Nico at the dining table where my stack of delicious syrup disks awaited me. I lathered them in copious amounts of syrup before cutting into one and taking a large bite. Nico laughed loudly before taking a large bite of her own.

       Nico had long rainbow hair. It was originally a light brown like her mom's, but once she had found out I was gay she had insisted she support me. Her eyes are a stunningly bright blue and she has the nerve to cover them with those disgusting pink contacts.

       "What are you looking at? Have you decided you're not gay and want to date me?" Nico asked sarcastically while wagging her eyebrows which are also rainbow.

       "Hmm. That is a thought, but I was wondering why you havent gone out and caught a boyfriend yet?" I wondered aloud. "I suppose you're decently attractive so you should be getting some attention."

       "Why don't you go get dressed so I don't have to answer that question?" Was her reply causing me to snicker over my barely eaten pancakes.