Chapter 2. Can I Have Your Camera? Can I Have Your Number?

For the next few days I kept the shop running while I prepared for the hurricane. Water was the first thing on my list and Wal-Mart seemed like the best place to get it.

       Before five minutes of driving around the parking lot I was agitated. There was literally nowhere to park. When I finally found a spot it took me an extra 20 minutes to get inside because of the large amount of traffic. My eyebrows were furrowed in anger causing many people to step out of me or give me a side long glance.

       After filling my shopping cart to the brim with water, pop tarts, and **cough lube cough** I was ready to check out. When I put the good stuff down on the conveyor belt the cashier gazed at it for a moment before looking me in the eyes with a cocky smirk. "So, do you have any plans for the hurricane?" He asked lustfully while leaning over the counter.

       "Oh, yea." I answered back and leant forward, leaving about an inch between our lips. ", but it'll be with a real man... and not a pubescent teen." His eyebrows shot up while I rocked back on my heels.

       "Your total will be 46.70." He whispered out quickly as he bagged my things, the women behind me in line were snickering. As I grabbed my bags I turned towards the cashier with a smile and winked causing him to flush and the women to laugh harder.

       The last stop on my agenda would be my favorite camera shop. I intended to pick up some tape for my camera, instead of just taking pictures I decided to take a video too. The shop was named Barry's Lenses and I have been going there since I moved here nearly two years ago. Barry has been giving me suggestions on photography and I'd say we've become friends.

       Quickly I snapped out of my thoughts and pulled my car to the side of the road. A man was standing outside of the store. He had long black hair that went just past his shoulders. A blue stripe split the black in half. He stood about 6'3 giving him about 7 inches on me, a little taller than Nico.

       I grabbed my gun because you cannot be to careful. A few months ago I got my licence in concealed carry. I haven't needed it yet, but it seemed to risky to try.  A man in all black looking suspicious in front of a camera store was a risk I was not going to take.

       "Excuse me?" He called when I opened the door and stuck my leg out. My hand fpund it's way to the holster on my right hip, our eyes connected when I stood up.

       "Can I help you?"

       "Yes, could you possibly tell me when this place opens?" He questioned with a charming smile gracing his face.

       "It's not open now?" Swiftly I pushed my door shut and walked to the glass door of the all to familiar store, tugging on the metal handle. It didn't budge. "What? Nonono. That's not right. I-it... It's Sunday. Mother of fuck it's Sunday. It's closed on Sundays."

       "Well shit." I heard him whisper before receding footsteps made their way to my ears. I nibbled on my bottom lip and opened my mouth before shutting it again. Finally, I mustered up the courage to speak.

       "What do you need?" Hesitantly I whispered while shifting nervously. He raised his left eyebrow questioningly at me after turning around. With a sheepish smile I scratched the back of my neck with a light blush painting my cheeks. "I own just about everything in that store by now."

      "Carson." The black haired male stuck out his hand with a smile. "I needed a camera and some roll for it. My boss wanted one for the hurricane. A polaroid camera I believe it's called. It's something he wants to do for his younger sister."

       "Names Nezu. I was planning on videoing the hurricane, but I needed film from the store. I guess that's not happening. Lucky for you I happen to have a polaroid lying around." My hands grasped each other behind my back as I was inspected by Carson's stunning hazel eyes.

       "Awesomeness." He exclaimed. "Can I have it now?" I nodded and motioned for him to follow me, but not before locking my car doors.

       My apartment isn't to far from here so we can walk. I would prefer not to have a stranger in my car." I half-heartedly laughed out. Carson didn't question it and just followed me for the few blocks we had to go. Minimum small talk was passed between us and soon enough we were making our way past the Café. 

       "Have you been there?" Carson wondered while pointing to Mara's Café. "There's a girl who works there with rainbow hair."

       "Yea. Once or twice. What about it?" I tilted my head to the side.

       "She's beautiful." My laughter stopped him dead in his tracks. He looked hurt, but I couldn't find it in me to stop.

       "Yea, she is. So, why don't you talk to her?" Little giggles continued to slip past my lips. We started walking again and Carson was staring at me as if I was insane. "Her name is Nico and if you don't talk to her I will.~"

       "You know her?" Carson asked in a mortified manner. We were at the apartment building. I stopped and swiveled around to look him dead in the eyes.

       "She's my best friend." We stood there gazing at one another. My lips were pressed together to contain my laughter while his remained sealed as his cheeks gradually turned scarlet. "Well you stay here and I'll get the camera.

       Carson shook his head affirmative and I cleared my throat before heading towards the stairwell that would take me to floor four. I didn't trust the elevator considering it had stopped while I was riding and I got stuck on it for nearly two hours.

       Once I reached my door I opened the door and rushed to my bedroom, through that the closet.  Inside were a bunch of boxes that held my old cameras and a lot of used film. Memories.

       I shifted through the boxes in earnest, but I couldn't seem to find it. My hand shot back towards my body when I felt something soft and smooth  touch my hand. A pair of Nico's underwear had somehow made its way into my room and I cringed. Eww. With maximum effort I threw the I underwear into the hallway. The camera had been sitting under the panties. I decided not to tell Carson that little detail.

       I made my way back to the taller of us two and found him waiting patiently for me.

       "Did you find it?" The hazel eyed male asked me as he ran a hand though his long hair.

       "Yea, sorry it took so long. It was buried in my closet and I'm surprised I actually found it." Carson laughed jubiantly.

       "Alright. Well im going to go. See you later and thanks again." The black haired male turned around and began walking the way we had came. A piece clicked in my head which caused me to run after him.

       "Listen, I need your number." Carson seemed as if he was about to protest, but I raised my hand to stop him. "How else am I supposed to get my camera back?"

       After a fewlaughs at our stupidity we went our separate ways, but not before exchanging our numbers. A smile had lit up my face the entire way back to the apartment.

~Unedited again~