0.6. I Loved Him

One of the places Caitlyn hated the most was cemeteries, for a girl her age, she was two hundred years old after all, she had a hard time standing in cemeteries because she was the only member in her family still standing. She buried her grandparents, parents, cousins, aunts and uncles, she may still have a few cousins alive but meeting them was something she never thought of, well how is she supposed to introduce herself, "Hello, I am your cousin or more like grant grant cousin because you know, I am two hundred years", so meeting whatever family she had left wasn't something she could discuss.

She may hate cemeteries but there she was standing in the cemetery where her friend was burried with a small sponge in her hand. Caitlyn wanted to come visit her old friend slash best friend's brother, but unfortunately she found once again that someone had written the words murderer on Sean O'conell's grave. People can be so oblivious to the truth, Sean used to be a human version of an angel, Caitlyn knew that he wasn't himself when he killed those persons but everyone else thought of him as a murderer.

"Just a bunch of assholes" The brunette huffed, rubbing the wet sponge against the cold hard stone of the grave.

"What the hell" She heard a new voice gasp from behind.

The brunette quickly turned around, facing her blonde friend with a sad expression. Camille's eyes started watering at the sight of such awful words, you would think that by how many times they wrote those kind of words she should be used to it, but she wasn't.

"I am so sorry" Caitlyn whispered, wrapping her arms around the blonde.

Camille didn't say anything, she just hugged her friend back. She knew Caitlyn feels just as bad as she does, but none of them spoke.

"I'll clean it" The brunette informed, only to be stopped by the blonde.

"I will do it, he was my twin brother" The blonde announced, her voice raising as she snatched the sponge out of Caitlyn's hands.

"Okay" was her only answer, she knew the blonde didn't mean to snap at her like that.

Caitlyn silently watched her friend clean her twin's stone, when she suddenly turned around facing her friend, a loud sigh leaving her lips.

"I am sorry" She quietly apologised, her eyes never meeting the brunette's.

"Hey" she stepped closer to the blonde, "It's okay, you don't need to. He is your brother after all, I just wanted to help"

"Cait" She sighed again, "I know you loved him, maybe not the way I did but you did love him."

Caitlyn felt her cheek reddening a little bit at her words, because she knew she was right. Usually, she would just brush off those kind of comments but for once she did feel embarrassed.

"You being together was almost impossible" Camille smiled at the memory of her twin brother, "But just so you know, He loved you too"

-

"I need a drink" Were the first words that left the brunette's mouth, sitting down on a chair next to her best friend.

"Don't you always" The king of New Orleans answered, his voice laced with sarcasm.

"Are you saying that I am an alcoholic?" She narrowed her eyes, grabbing her friend's glass on the table. "What is this anyway?" She asked, sniffing the glass filled of liquor.