SHIELD...HYDRA?

Bucky's POV

Everything has been happening so fast. Rebecca was taken, then I was accused of bombing the UN, and since I didn't have an alibi, the government is after me.

Steve supported my side of the story, so he and I have been hiding out in Bucharest.

I'm out buying some plums one day, when I noticed a paper with my face on it. It said, Winter Soldier spotted in Romania.

I ran back to my hideout, where Steve was waiting. "We need to--" I was cut off by several police officers breaking in from all sides.

Steve and I fought our way out, trying to not hurt anyone, but we weren't too concerned.

Things got really crazy when we hit the highway. I stole a motorcycle and Steve took a car. Steve's friend, Sam was flying behind and the crazy cat guy was on top of Steve's car.

All I could think was: How did I end up like this? I'm being chased by a cat and I'm friends with a bird guy.

When we finally were stopped, I was in a daze. They handcuffed us all and put me in this funky box. I stayed emotionless, trying to quench the flood of panic that invaded my mind the entire way to the complex. When I arrived, Steve and Sam were already in cells and I was carted in my box to a similar cage.

As I passed by one cell, I noticed a glint of silver in the dim lighting.

"Stop!" I shouted as loud as I could. The box stopped. I stared intently through the bars of the cell door.

The slumped figure turned their face towards me at the sound of my voice.

Rebecca.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

She looked horrible, which was saying something, since she had the healing Serum from Hydra.

Her body was thinner than it had ever been and her skin was a patchwork of black and blue bruises and dried blood.

I immediately started to break my restraints. The guards called for backup, but I was already out.

I couldn't even think through my rage. Steve and Sam somehow got out and helped me take down the guards. I ripped the door clean off Rebecca's cell.

She was huddled in the corner in a dirty hospital style gown, stained with blood and dirt.

I growled when I saw how she was tied up. She had a fricken collar and chain, like some animal. It was obvious how badly she had been treated. When I came in, her face seemed to get a little brighter. She gave me a weak smile.

"Bucky."

Just my name.

"Rebecca." I walked over and looked at the chains. They were vibranium. I tried to break them, but it didn't work.

"Buck! We can't hold them off!" Steve's voice came from outside.

I looked down at Rebecca.

"I will get you out of here. I promise."

I turned around to help Sam and Steve, but was immediately faced with Tony's repulsers in my face.

"Snowflake, chill. I don't want to haveta do this." He watched me closely, as his eyes flicked to Rebecca.

"What the ACTUAL FUCK? What the hell is Rebecca doing here?"

"You didn't know she was here?" I asked. Tony shook his head violently. Of course not. The government would take the risk that Tony would change sides if he found out that Rebecca had been locked up and abused.

Tony immediately turned around and ordered the guards to stop fighting. He had them call Ross and escort us all to a conference room.

"Take Cap and Buck to the meeting room, and let Rebecca change and shower. I want everyone back in under twenty minutes. Any funny business and I will personally escort you to the gates of hell." Tony gave me a grim smile. "Let's have a chat with the Suits."