Chapter 13: An Archer's Promise (Part Two)

~Outlander's POV

Platnium let out a laugh of triumph. "Look at them! So weak and pathetic! It's such a shame for them!" The Pawniard and Doublade cried with triumph.

"Psst. Hero." I whispered. He glanced at me. "On the count of three, alright?" He nodded without hesitation. I started to whisper.

"1...2...3!"

Hero and I kept at the closest enemy: Hero at four Pawniards, and me at two Doublades. As quickly as I could, I Sucker Punched them right in the eyes.

I made my way through all of them in front of me. Meanwhile I could hear my friends fighting back, too.

Just as I was going back to help them...

"CRASH!"

Platinum had just missed crashing himself on me. The Aegislash landed two feet away, his grin obvious due to his single eye.

"Outlander Enigma Junior...I see you haven't changed one bit." Enraged, I charged at him, but he blocked me with his shield.

"Your anger is good. Just like your..."

Filthy. Weak. Father.

***

~Siren's POV 

A loud cry erupted from the battle. It wasn't a cry of anger, nor terror. It was a cry of...pain?

At first, I thought it was another Pawniard. But then, when I saw who it was from, my heart nearly stopped.

The Aegislash named Platinum gave another amused laugh. "Come on, men! Let's finish this!" All of them gave a victorious cry and charged at us.

Meanwhile, I stood still, my friends doing the same. We were glancing at the direction they were coming from, but not at them.

It was Outlander.

The Decidueye was torn to pieces. Or rather...his feathers. They were bloodied, scattered everywhere, and he lay on the ground, seemingly dead.

"No..." Hero squeaked as he watched with terror.

"..." Was all Mayhem could say in his shocked state.

My tears began forming. My eyes watered. 'Outlander...' I thought. 'You can't be...'

"Siren." Mia patted me on the back. "I know how you felt for him. I'm so sorry. But right now, if you don't want his...his death to be in vain, we have to finish this. Now!"

Mia's words seemed to snap me out of my thoughts. Outlander's death can't be in vain. I gritted me teeth with complete rage. I'll show them just what they did to me!

We all charged as one entire group. We countered the army and began to slaughter them. I heard Hero and Mayhem, scream with rage. I knew just how close they were with him.

Suddenly, my eye caught the attention of the Aegislash that sliced him to pieces. I was filled with pure rage and vengeance. I wanted to kill him! I wanted to destroy him right now!

He saw me and he smirked. Then, he charged with his shield at me. Head Smash. I quickly used Reflect and dodged at the last second, leaving him crashing into a Pawniard.

He suddenly turned and used a Shadow Ball, which I countered with Moonblast. It created smoke, which I couldn't see through.

All of a sudden, something cold and heavy slammed into my back. I was sent flying forward. I groaned in pain as Platinum approached me, his blade raised up in order to kill me.

"Stay away from her!"

I would've perished right then and there, if an arrow didn't strike the Aegislash.