Chapter 2

I pulled into my usual parking space and took my time walking to my room knowing I had half an hour to spare. I set my bag and folder on the table and looked around the room and smiled. Over summer, they had fixed my classroom so now we had more space and instruments.

I was a music teacher; teaching at my old high school. At first it was strange coming back here and reliving good and bad memories but now it's not so bad. Nothing's changed. High school will be high school.

I looked over my schedule and smiled when my I saw that my first class would be the lowest year. My second faviourite year to teach. They're scared at being in a new school and practically peeing themselfs when/if they get into trouble so normally, they were easy to handle.

I could handle them, you just needed to give them something to do and keep them entertained before they get bored and start with the attitude. Which brings me to the next year. Middle year, think they know everything and don't need to work. They were a nightmare to teach.

My favourite year to teach were the students in their final year. They were pretty easy to get through to once you see things from their angle. Understand their meaning of music and they get into it. I loved watching them light up when they start playing music. Music is something a lot of people can relate to and it brings them all together. I always looked forward to them sessions.

Having seen enough of my classroom, I walked down the corridor to the staff room. The door was open and I could see a few teachers, some who had taught me which was just weird, looking over their papers.

I smiled when I saw the back of a familar person and I walked over to the small kitchen area. I covered his eyes with my hands and lowered my voice the best I could.

"Guess who?"

"Sophie." He answered removing my hands. I pouted when he turned to face me.

"Damn, everytime." I muttered and he laughed. "Hey Andy."

Andy had been a huge part with helping me get into college so I could study and get my teaching degree. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life or how it would fit around my home life. He helped me see the easier side of things so that I could still raise my children.

"Excited for the new year?" he asked and I sighed leaning on the counter next to him.

"Why not." I shrugged smiling. He laughed just as the bell rang giving us five minutes to get to our lessons.

I walked in, not surprised to see all my students already sitting down nerously and awkwardly not knowing what to do. I smiled and looked out wondering how they would change at the end of year, what friendships would evlove.

The second bell rang and I wrote my name across the board and underlining it before turning around with my hands on my hips.

"Ok class." I smiled and stood behind my chair. "First day of a new school, scary older kids watching your every move, not knowing anyone in your classes and wanting to just run home. Am I getting it right?" I asked and a few of them nodded. "I've been through it, don't worry it gets better. And today, considering it's our first class of many, I want you to get to kow each and feel comfortable in my class. Sound fair?" I asked raising my eyebrow. The nodded and looked a little relieved. "So, I'll start and copy my lead. My name is Miss Danvers, I have two beautiful children and I love music. My favourite instrument to play is the piano." I smiled and looked at the girl sitting at the front far left. "Ok?" I asked softly and she nodded.

"My name is Remy, I went to St.Peter's school, I have a little sister who's 6 and someday I hope to change the world." She looked at her desk and I smiled at her.