Chapter 3

Zac's P.O.V

"No." I said for what seemed like the 100th time. By this point I was just getting irritated and annoyed and my manager seemed to notice because he decided to finally jump into the conversation.

"I believe my client is unhappy with the dates. I'm sure we could change them." He said leaning on the table next to me. The guy at the other end of the long table looked between us before nodding his head quickly.

"Of-of course." I leant back in chair and sighed loudly. Why couldn't he agree to that when I said no the first time! "When does it suit you?" He said sitting down in his seat and taking out his pen.

"The beginning of next year, say middle of January." I replied in a bored tone. He nodded again and quickly scribbled on his notepad.

"I'm sure I could arrange that somehow but my manager is going to be asking for your reason sir." He replied bowing his head. I hate people calling be sir. I looked at my manager who just nodded his head in the direction of the lanky guy as if to say 'well answer the poor boy'.

"Family matters." I replied lifting my hands in a are-you-satisfied manor.

"Meeting dismissed." My manager said standing up from his seat. I followed suit, leaving the guy to write things down in his notepad.

"That was a waste of time." I muttered shoving my hands into my pockets.  My manager chuckled and shook his head.

"You got what you wanted though." He mused.

"I never ask for anything Robert." I said and he rolled his eyes. 

I pulled down my shades before we reached the foor and my body guard/good friend, Dustin, appeared infront of me.

"The crowd has grown since you arrived." He said grinning at my expression.

"Lets get this done with." I said and he pushed the doors open. I was met by flashing lights and screams, which now didn't faze me as much as when I first started this career. I loved my fans, I did...it was the paparazzi that annoyed me. Always scooping around for a new story to twist my life. I seriously couldn't get a moments peace and I swear they knew things about my life that I didn't even know, they always seem to be one step ahead.

Dustin led me through the crowd and I kept my head down but dropping the occasional fake smile that I had perfected over the years. I loved my job, I did...it just got tiring at times.

Five years of being famous and I loved it... most of it. When my first single got released, it hit number one in two days. To say I was shocked was a understatement. I almost blacked out. So, they-meaning the company who signed me- cut my trail down to four months and then had me booked for interveiws, CD signings, small concerts here and there and I even got to tour with some of my idols.

Before I knew it, two years had passed, I had been that busy and caught up in my singing career that when I finally had a chance to relax, I felt alone. I was happy when I was on stage and with my team but when it was me, I just felt like I was missing something.

"Zac!" Dustin called and I realised we had made it to the car.

"What?" I asked shaking my thoughts away.

"Your phone." He said in a duh way but looked amused at my far away expression. I then heard my song coming from my phone and realised some one was calling me.

"Oh," I said digging in my pocket for it. "Hello?" I answered it hoping it wasn't another crazy stalker fan who managed to get my number.

"Hey man." I relaxed at the sound of my best friends voice.