Start of Practice

Peytons POV
      Today is the first day of lacrosse practice. I am on the B squad for lacrosse and I am the defensive captain. I get to practice and I am talking to my fellow captains, Bridget and Shannon.
"Last season was a complete bust. What do we need to do to get better?" I ask Bridget and Shannon.
"Well, we have a lot of new players this year so we better check them out first and go from there." Shannon says.
Bridget, Shannon and I are all sophomores, "Look." Bridget points to the hill separating the school from the fields. "Here they are."
      We got six new girls this year. They are all sophmores like us. Their names are, Christina, Katherine, Lisa, Amy, Lauren, and Dani. We will still have to introduce each other because they probably don't know our names.
"Hi!" Bridget says to the girls. They look shocked, Bridget is a very outgoing and friendly person.
"Bridget, calm down youre scaring them." Shannon laughs. "Guys put your stuff over there" Shannon says signaling to the sidelines. "and we'll get to know each other."
The girls and the rest of our team come and circle us, "Okay I am Peyton Johnson, I am not a coach but if you play defense it is wise to listen to me." I try to say in a demanding tone. All of them look at me questionably. "Okay I'm small but I am the captain for defense."
"I'm Shannon and I am the midfielder captain." Shannon says her confidence a lot better than mine.
"I'm Bridget, and I am the attack captain, but before we start I want to get to know you all." She smiles.
      Bridget and I are polar opposites so it is good we are both captains. She is outgoing and peppy but I am determined and introverted.
"In this first practice everyone will try every position." Shannon explains. "This is for us to see what the best positions for each of you guys are."

Christina's POV
      My very close friends and I decided to play lacrosse. It seemed fun and we wanted a sport to play in the spring. "Come on we're going to be late for practice." Lauren tells me.
I blame Dani, "Dani's the slow one."
"Not true!" Dani yells at me. We finally all get ready and go to the field.
There are three girls standing talking, "We are not late." Amy says happily.
"Why'd we have to rush?" Lisa says still doing her hair while walking.
"Because Lauren said we'd be late." I say.
"Calm down guys, being early is better than late." Katherine says trying to stop our tension.
      The three girls look up at us.
The strawberry blone one says, "Hi!" and all of us are confused. The brown haired girl tells us to put our stuff on the side lines and come to the middle. We do so and walk to the middle. The blonde one stands behind and watches us.

Laurens POV
      I am not going to be late for my first practice.
I tell Christina, "Come on we're going to be late for practice." and she blames Dani. Dani yells at us but we get out of the locker room. Yes! We are early. My friends all complain about how we didn't have to be there this early. Blah, blah, blah. There are only three girls there and they see us. Two of them come up and tell us what to do the other one stays back just watching us.
We walk to the sidelines and put our stuff down, "What do you guys think so far?" I ask.
"So far we haven't even talked to one of them." Lisa says.
"I think that strawberry blonde one was nice." Amy answers.
"I don't like being bossed around by people my age though." Christina says.
"Do you know how to play lacrosse?" Dani jokes at her.
"No." Christina admits.
"That's what were here for to learn so come on they are going to get suspicious." Katherine says.
      We walk to the middle and the one that stayed behind starts talking, "Okay I am Peyton Johnson, I am not a coach but if you play defense it is wise to listen to me." Okay so this girls name is Peyton. I don't know if I can listen to her she seems too innocent. She speaks again like she could read my thoughts, "Okay I'm small but I the captain for defense." She intrigues me. How can someone so small be good at stopping people. Then the rest of the captains start talking but I blank them out.

Shannons POV
      I don't know whats going to happen this year. Last year our coach sucked so we are coaching ourselves.
The new kids come down and Bridget says, "Hi!"
I laugh and joke,  "Bridget, calm down youre scaring them." I tell the girls to put their stuff on the sidelines and huddle up. They take awhile but I bet they're just talking to each other.
Peyton announces that she is not a coach just a captain and no one really takes her seriously. I wouldn't either if I had just met her but her defensive skills are not to be reckoned with. She would say the same about Bridget and I in our positions too.

Dani's POV
      Wow! I'm already excited for lacrosse.
Christina blames me for being slow and I yell, "Not true!" back at her. We meet the three captains and I really like Bridget. She really tries to connect with us. I don't like Peyton and that's probably because of her tone of voice and Shannons okay. I wonder what position I'll play.

Amys POV
      We are sitting waiting to be talked to by the three girls. They're pretty short, I mean not as short as me but all my other friends are taller than them. Its like the first girl read my mind because she said I know I'm short but I'm your captain. Ah, so all of these girls are captains got it. Where is our coach though? The other two captains introduce themselves and they seem nice enough for me to become friends with.

Bridgets POV
      Another season, yay! Last season we had a horrible coach and this season we don't have one. No one wants to coach a high school B - squad apparently so Peyton, Shannon and I have to take it into our own hands. I know Peyton and Shannon can do it but I don't know if I'm focused enough to be a coach. The new girls come and I already like them, I like most people though so the person they should focus on winning over is Peyton. Peyton dislikes most people in the world, if they can get her on their side they're good.

Katherines POV
      I don't know why I let my friends talk me into playing a sport. I'm trying to look on the positive side of things and make friends. Already my own friends are fighting with each other, great. I'm always the mediator with these girls. We meet these girls who are a lot shorter than Dani, Lauren, and I, and I already know I can become friends with two of them. Peyton just seems to have a determined face on her and seems all work no play. I don't know if I can deal with that.

Lisa POV
      Lauren and Christina make me rush to put my hair into a ponytail. It is an art to not have bumps and to have it in the perfect spot and it's a lot harder without a mirror. I decided to say yes to get my aggression out in a sport. Once I see Peyton I know there is aggression in this sport because she looks mad before practice even starts. I am liking this Shannon girl though she is bossy but not mean. I am watching her during the introduction and she just seems powerful. I am ready to play.