Scrimmage Cancelled Due To Danger

Bridget's POV
Shannon yells, "Scrimmage!" Everyone comes to the middle. The teams are Katherine, Lisa, Dani, and I. Against Lauren, Amy, Christina, and Peyton. Shannon is reffing. The smile that covers Peyton's face is priceless. The game starts and I take the draw I run down to the goal and when I shoot Peytons stick comes out of nowhere to block my shot. She passes it to Christina downfield and Christina runs to the goal. Dani stops in front of her and Christina misses. Amy gets the ball and runs it down but Katherine takes it and shoots. Goal!

Katherine's POV
I scored, I scored! Yay! I think I'm warming up to lacrosse now. Lauren is clutching her head and Peyton is looking at me like I'm a complete jerk. "Practice over!" Shannon yells and everyone leaves.

Peyton's POV
Bridget comes running down and Lauren is frozen to the grass. I quickly jump in front of Bridget to not let her score and pass it to Christina.
I walk over to Lauren, "What's wrong?" I ask.
"I'm not like you, I can't just jump and know where the ball is going."
I laugh at her, "Lauren, I've been playing lacrosse for five years, this is your first practice. Step number one is just to get in front of the player you're guarding."
"Okay."
"Just do that next time."
I walk away and Katherine gets the ball. I decide to let Lauren try this one and she gets in front of her but Katherine hits her in the head. No one sees it but me and I signal to Shannon to call practice. I run to Lauren.

Laurens POV
Peyton tells me to get in front of the player so I do and I get smacked on the head. I see all my friends leaving and wonder why.
Peyton comes up to me, "On a scale from one to ten how much did that hurt?" She asks. She has a concerned expression on her face like a doctor who has to bear bad news.
"A four" I reply.
"Okay that's good, follow my finger with just your eyes. Don't move your head." I do so, following her finger.
"You don't have a concussion but you should probably take an Advil and rest.
I lay on her, "Not on me you doofus." She laughs.
"Doctors orders." I tell her.
"Okay, but once I start getting uncomfortable you're off." She tells me. I could lay like this forever. I don't know what gave me the courage to do this but I'm glad I did.

Peyton's POV
"You don't have a concussion but you should probably take Advil and rest." I instruct Lauren and she lays on top of me. I don't hate it, "Not on me you doofus."
I laugh at her, "Doctors orders."
She's got me there, "Okay, but once I start getting uncomfortable you're off." I smile at her. I subconsciously start running my fingers through her hair. What am I doing? Lauren seems to be calming down though so I keep doing it. Lauren falls asleep in my lap. I shouldn't like this but I do.

Danis POV
Shannon called practice off really abruptly. I decided to ignore it at the time and walked with Amy and Katherine to the locker room. Once I'm finished changing and packing up I notice Lauren's not there.
"Hey, guys where's Lauren?" I ask. They look around, they didn't notice she wasn't here either. We walk back to the field and Lauren's asleep on Peyton's lap. Peyton sees us and signals us to be quiet.
She picks Lauren up, "Who's driving her home?" Peyton asks. Lauren drove herself here.
"She drove herself." Amy whispers.
"Do you guys know where she lives, I can drive her home." Peyton says.
"Yeah, wait a second." Christina grabs a notebook and pen out of her bag.
She draws a map to Lauren's house, "Thank you." Peyton says as we walk away. How is Peyton getting home?

Amy's POV
After Dani pointed out Lauren's absence all of us went outside. Aww, Lauren is laying on Peyton's lap. Peyton tells us to be quiet.
She surprisingly picks Lauren up and asks, "Who's driving her home?"
"Lauren drove herself here." I tell her.
"Do you guys know where she lives?" We do and Christina draws a map.
"Thank you." Peyton says walking to Lauren and her stuff.
"Lets go." Lisa says.
"Shouldn't we wait to see if Lauren's okay?"
"She's fine. She's not dead." Lisa tells me.
When I look over my shoulder I see Peyton laying Lauren onto the grass.

Lisa's POV
Lauren's safe with Peyton. What is Amy talking about, did she not see her just carrying Lauren? It was protective, not mindless sack of potato carrying.
I see Amy look back, "She's fine. Come on." Amy sighs at me. We get into Christina's car and start to drive to each of our houses.

Christina's POV
We are on the way to Lisa's house and I have to ask this question, "Why was Lauren back there?"
Katherine admits, "I think I did something."
"What did you do." The four of us said at once. Creepy.
"I think I hit Lauren in the head."
"WHAT!" I yell.
"You let us leave her there. When she has an injury." Lisa says.
"What if she hates us now?" Dani looks sad.
"Hopefully she won't hate us." Amy's trying to lighten the mood.
"Whatever, if Lauren isn't our friend tomorrow we know why." I tell Katherine with my eyes on the road.

Peytons POV
I have to take Lauren home. She looks like sleeping beauty. I follow the map Christina gave me and make it to her house. I ring the doorbell and a man, I'm guessing her dad, opens the door.
"Hello, I'm Peyton Johnson." I try to say like his daughter is not asleep in my arms.
"I'm Mr. Karter. What happened to Lauren?"
"She is fine she just got hit in the head." His eyes bulge out, "She doesn't have a concussion but she should take Advil. She's okay to come to school tomorrow."
"Thanks for bringing her home." He says.
"About that, can I pick up Lauren tomorrow?"
"Why?"
"I need her car to get to my house."
"Of course. Thanks again."
"No problem."
I walk out to Lauren's car and drive home.

Shannons POV
Since Peyton made me call off practice early I decide to text on the captain group.

Captains Group Chat - The Three Musketeers
Shockman - Peyton?
Pohnson - Yes, Shannon.
Shockman- Why did you have me call practice early?
Hammie- Yeah why did you?
Pohnson - Katherine hit Lauren in the head.
Hammie- How dare she!
Pohnson- It wasn't on purpose Bridget.
Shockman- What? How come I didn't see this?
Pohnson - It is the way of defense.
Shockman- Peyton!
Hammie- Is she okay!
Pohnson- She's okay. I said it's the way of defense because whenever someone tall shoots over you someone will get hurt.
Shockman- I see.
Pohnson- You are still a grasshopper, my friend.
Hammie- 😂
Shockman- BRIDGET!
Hammie- 😲
Pohnson - Goodnight guys.
Hammie - GOODNIGHT!
Shockman- goodnight.

A/N - I'm grateful to everyone who is reading this. I would love for you to comment and vote if you like it and if you don't just comment on what you don't like.
-TheMinnesotan