Broken

WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME
Lauren's POV
I get up and walk away leaving Peyton with my friends.

Lisa's POV
      Lauren leaves us, and Peyton is sitting with us all standing over her.
"What are you doing with Lauren?" I ask. I like Lauren and Peyton together but I can't show that to my friends.
"Homework, like she told you." Peyton responds.
"We don't like you." Christina says bluntly.
"Why not?" Peyton asks.
"Because you are taking Lauren away from us." Dani says.
"Lauren deserves to have other friends." Peyton responds. Peyton gets up and walks away but Christina grabs her arm.

Christina's POV
She is not getting away that easily.
I grab her arm and she turns around, "What else do you want to talk about?" She asks through gritted teeth.
"Stay away from Lauren." I threaten.
"Or what?" She asks.
"You will have a pretty bad school year." Dani threatens.
"Well I can't stay away from her, she's in my classes and on the lacrosse team." Peyton explains.
"That's true." Amy admits.
"AMY!" Dani yells.
"Stop fighting." Katherine says.
"Katherine, I will fight if I want to." I tell her.
"Looks like you guys are busy." Peyton says and starts walking away.

Dani's POV
We start fighting within ourselves, "Looks like you guys are busy." Peyton starts leaving. Next thing I know my fist hits her face, "What was that for?" Peyton asks clutching her eye.
"I'm sorry." I apologize.
"Forget it, hope to see you later." She says pointing at her eye. She starts to walk away and I step in front of her, "What more do you want?" She asks me.
"I really am sorry."
"I can hear you I just haven't accepted it." She explains still holding her eye. "I'm going now, if you try to stop me again you will get hurt." She threatens me and leaves.

Amy's POV
"Dani! What the heck did you do?" I yell at her.
"I didn't mean to." She looks at the ground embarrassed.
"You still hit her." I tell her.
"I know." Dani sits down on the floor.
"You don't get to mope." I tower over her. She looks up in shock. "You are the bully here not the victim." I explain.
"I know." She says again and stands up.

Peyton's POV
I can't believe Dani hit me in the face. She didn't see that she broke my glasses, those cost like $200. I don't want to go to class and have Lauren see the bruise already forming on my face. The warning bell rings and I give up and just go to class.
I walk in and sit in my spot Lauren notices this but luckily she sits on the other side of me, "Sorry for leaving you with my friends." She apologizes.
"You should be." I mumble.
"What?" Lauren says.
"Nothing." I respond.
"Peyton, I can't hear you when you are looking away." No, Lauren I can't turn towards you. "Peyton?"
I turn and Lauren gasps, "What happened?"
"Nothing." I lie.

Lauren's POV
Peyton turns to me and she has a bruise forming on her face, "What happened?" I ask her.
She lies to me, "Nothing." This must have been my friends because I saw her five minutes ago.
"Why'd they punch you?" I ask her.
"They don't like me." Peyton says.
"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I ask getting frustrated.
"I am apparently taking you from them." She explains.
"What?" I ask. My friends are so selfish.
"I told them you deserve other friends." She says.
"I'm sorry for them." I tell her.
"It's not your fault, it's theirs."
Peyton turns back to the front.

Group Chat with Christina, Katherine, Lisa, Amy, Lauren, and Dani
Lauren - WHY'D YOU HIT PEYTON!
Christina - She told you!
Lauren - She lied after I saw her face. Which one of you did it?
Dani - Me. 😳
Lauren - Dani!
Dani - I apologized to her.
Lauren - But you punched her in the face!
Dani - Yes.
Lauren - WHY!
Dani - I don't know, it was in the moment. Christina or Lisa would have punched her anyways.
Lauren - 😡
Christina - HEY!
Lisa - I'm hurt.
Lauren - Whatever.

Katherine's POV
I read the group chat and I feel bad for Lauren. She didn't do anything wrong. I decide to text her,

Texts Between Katherine and Lauren
Kath - Lauren?
Lauren - Yes.
Kath - You know we still love you right?
Lauren - I don't believe you.
Kath - Why not?
Lauren - WHY NOT?! YOU GUYS PUNCHED MY FRIEND!
Kath - And we have apologized.
Lauren - Just lose my number and tell the others to also.
Kath - Lauren!

She really did leave us. It was our fault though, not Peyton's.

Dani's POV
Katherine just told me Lauren doesn't want to be with us anymore, "NO! NO! NO!" I scream.
"Dani calm down." Katherine tells me putting her hands on my shoulders.
"I won't calm down. We lost Lauren just like I said. This is all Peyton's fault." I kick a locker. Ow, that hurt.
"No it's not. She didn't do anything, she lied for you, Lauren just figured it out herself." She tells me.
"I just want to blame someone." I admit and start crying into Katherine's shoulder.

Peyton's POV
I barely make it through the rest of my classes without my glasses. Now I have a headache and practice. I start walking to my car and Lauren stops me, "Wait!"
"What." I say bitterly, turning around and Lauren flinches. "Sorry I have a headache." I inform her.
"Why do you have a headache?" Lauren asks, tilting her head like a dog.
"I didn't have my glasses so I strained my eyes." I reply, hoping she doesn't ask why.
"Why?" Lauren asks. I take them out of my bag and show her the cracked lens. "Did my friends do this too?"
"Yes, but they don't know, I hid them." Lauren looks furious, "Please don't be mad at your friends." I beg her.
"How can I not be? They punched you and broke your glasses."
"They apologized." I tell her, not including that I didn't accept it. "Why did you want to talk to me?" I ask her.
"I needed to tell you I won't be at practice."
"Why?" I ask, knowing the answer is her friends.
"Because I can't see my friends."
"Well, what are you going to do?" I ask.
"Probably just go home." She shrugs at me.
"I'll take you someplace that always makes me feel better." I tell her.
"Don't you have practice?" She asks me.
"Yes. But if a teammate is hurting she comes first." I say in a sympathetic tone.
"Okay. Where are we going?" She asks.
"It's a surprise." I respond, take her hand, and lead her to my car.

A/N - I'm grateful to everyone who is reading this. I would love for you to comment and vote if you like it and if you don't just comment on what you don't like.
-TheMinnesotan