Falling Apart

Christina's POV
      I feel bad for yelling at Lauren. I couldn't help myself, I just don't like Peyton.
Lauren's POV
      I walk back to my friends and they are in the same spot.
They all look at me nervously like I'm a volcano, "I'm sorry for yelling. Peyton told me you guys did come."
"You were with Peyton!" Dani gets mad this time.
"What is your guys problem with her!" I yell back and look around my friends. "One thing, go now."
Dani starts, "She's so serious."
"You don't like her because she's serious?!"
"Yes."
"What is wrong with you?" I'm trying not to slap her so I just walk away again.

Dani's POV
      I made Lauren leave. Why did I do that? There is nothing wrong about being serious.
I hit my head on the locker, "DANI STOP!" Katherine grabs me, "Don't beat yourself up over this."
"Why not its my fault anyways."
"No it's not."
"Yes it is!" I now storm away crying.

Katherine's POV
      I made Dani cry, now my three friends look at me, "Sorry?" I ask. They point at Dani walking away. "Guys, I can't deal with that." I plead to them.
It actually works Amy starts to walk over to her, "You owe me one." She tells me when she walks past.
"Thank you." I say.

Amy's POV
      Our group is falling apart.
I decide I'll try to get Dani back, "Dani, come here." I say sympathetically. Dani turns and cries on my shoulder. "It's okay Dani."
"No it's not, I want everyone to stop saying that."
"Why is it not okay?" I ask her.
"Lauren is leaving us."
"Dani, just because Lauren has other friends doesn't mean she's not friends with us." I rub her back gently.
"But she left."
"She was too overwhelmed by all of us being against Peyton." I explain.
"I don't like Peyton." Dani sobs.
"Give her a chance." I tell her trying to convince myself as well.
"Thanks Amy." Dani gets up and walks to the bathroom. "Anytime."
I walk back to my friends and they are stunned.

Shannons POV
      I finally process the whole thing about Peyton liking Lauren. I'm happy for Peyton and for Lauren because Peyton is a nice person at heart. I decide to text Bridget back,

Texts between Bridget and Shannon
Shan - I've processed it now.
Bruhme - What do you think?
Shan - I'm happy for them.
Bruhme - Yay! Do you like someone?
Shan - No. Do you?
Thank god for texting because Bridget could see that lie on my face.
Bruhme - Maybe.
Shan - 😲

Lisa's POV
      Dani leaves to go to the bathroom and Amy comes back, "Good job Amy."
I tell her. "Thanks."

Peyton's POV
      I walk to class with some time to spare so I take my book out again. I see Lauren walk in and I wave to her signaling I wasn't lying. She sees me and again looks shocked.
I stand up and walk to her, "You better close your mouth unless you want flys." She turns to me and still hasn't closed her mouth. I grab her chin and close her mouth for her.
I start to walk away when Lauren grabs my wrist, "Can I have your number?" She asks. My heart jumps. Whoa did that just happen?
"Sure." I say giving her my number.
I walk back to my seat trying to hide my smile. I know I like her.

Lauren's POV
      Is Peyton really sitting there? She waves to me and stands up. She says something that I don't hear because I'm just looking at her. Suddenly her hand is on my chin. She pushes my jaw up. I feel the warmth of her hand on my chin and it moves to the rest of my body. When she stops touching me I feel like I'm missing a part of me. She starts walking away and I grab her wrist.
She turns around, "Can, I have your number?" I ask.
She smiles at me, "Sure." Did I really just get her number?
I decide to text her right away.

Texts Between Peyton and Lauren
Lauren - Hi.
Peyton - Hi. You know we're in class right?
*Peyton's name changed to Nerd
Nerd - I told you I'm proud to be a nerd.
Lauren - You've got to come up with a nickname for me.
*Lauren's name changed to Troublemaker
Troublemaker - Hey!
Nerd - You brought it on yourself. Pay attention.
Troublemaker - I'm a troublemaker, I don't have to.
Nerd - 🤐
Troublemaker - Okay, just for you.
We stop texting and learn about polar graphs. I don't know if I should be mortified or happy we get to draw flowers.