Luke//Army (au)

Finally, he's coming home after almost two years you'll get to see your brother, Luke, again. Luke has missed birthdays, Christmases, and all holidays. You couldn't wait for him to come back. all you could do was hope and pray that he wouldn't come home and have PTSD, not being able to do anything or being to scared to do anything.

You  knew it wasn't gonna be the same it was before he left but you wanted it to go back to semi-normal. On your way to the airport to pick him up, you we're a bundle fun of nerves.

Luke's flight was supposed to arrive at 3:46, by the time you arrived at the airport and got to the correct terminal it was already 3:30. You could see all the others peoples families anxiously awaiting for the arrive of the flight, you cloud by help by smile and also feel sad that other people's family members will never make it home to see them and hug them again.

Checking your phone to see the time 3:40, it's only been 10 minutes but it feel like forever. Six minutes, then you'll see your brother.

The moment came, the door opened you waited what seems like forever, seeing many women and men walk trying to find their families. Finally you see a tall, now dirty blonde almost brown hair man walking toward you with a huge smile on his face. You almost had to do a double take to make sure it was Luke and not someone else but as soon as you realized it was him you ran to him latching on to him with him hugging you back.

"Luke, your home..." You said into the crook of his neck with tears threatening to spill not long after feeling a hot liquid on your shoulder.

"Y/n, I've missed you so much." Luke said letting go of you and looking at you smiling as you wiped away the tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I've missed you too Luke, you look like a man now." You said laughing as you two walked through the airport make to the parking garage, making him laugh in response. Damn you missed that laugh.

"Thanks y/n, you look like a young woman now." Luke said putting his huge bag in the trunk then sitting in the passenger seat as you started the car.

"Thanks Lu, you happy to be home?" You asked him as you pulled out of the garage, making sure to be careful and watch where your going.

"Extremely happy, I've missed having a 'normal' life and not constantly on high alert, you know?" He said quoting normal, making you furrow your eyebrows but you decided not to question it.

"Not really but sure, wanna stop somewhere and grab some food?" You say truthfully not know what he meant by 'high alert' but you chose to change the subject, not wanting to possibly bring up any bad memories.

"Yeah that'd be great, so, what kinda of music do you listen to now? Still into Katy Perry?" He ask making small talk.

"Still like Katy Perry obviously but I got into The 1975 and I started listening to bands that you listen to, especially All Time Low." You said as you put in Future Hearts.

"Awesome, is this their newest album?" Luke asked not knowing they released This back in 2015, since he left before it released.

"Yup, they released it in 2015 like a month before you left. It's pretty good, it's not a Put Up or Shut Up or Nothing Personal, but it's okay." You said laughing at your own  honesty.

"Well, you little music critic know your stuff. I taught you well." He said laughing at my comment as you pulled  into McDonald's, Luke's favorite.