Deaths?

December 18th, 2014 Quick Review of What Happened After They Figured Out the Kids Were Gone: Ginny, Bill, Fleur, and Ron sat around the table at Shell Cottage trying not to panic. Harry and Hermione had gone to the Ministry to tell Kingsley Shacklebolt what had happened and get his permission to use the new recently remade time turners that travelled not only hours but years too. One of which happened to be in Harry's study when the eight children had gone in.

After going to look for the kids and finding the time turner gone and the sand from it all over the study floor the four adults figured out quite quickly what had happened and had notified Bill and Fleur imediately.

Now they were just waiting for Harry and Hermione to return and hoping nothing bad (like their whole lives being ripped apart and possibly them all dying) would happen from their kids' time traveling adventure.

"Here's the tea." Dominique announced, setting down mugs in front of her parents, aunt, and uncle who had all looked so stricken that she decided that she had to do something to help, even if it was just getting them tea.

The adults muttered their thanks and quietly sipped their tea. The seconds seemed like years and then, finally, with two sharp cracks Hermione and Harry appeared.

Everyone in the kitchen started asking questions all at once. Harry finally had to shout over them to make himself heard. "We might have to wait a couple days!" That shut them all up . . . for about a second then they were bursting with questions again and it was almost a repeat of what had happened three secomds before but Hermione plowed on taking it up where Harry left off, "Kingsley has to talk to the head of the Department of mysteries," (a shudder ran through the group then as Hermione said these last words with distaste) "and get one of the finished time turners and this in itself may take a few days because we want to get one without everyone in the wizarding world finding out and we'll have to figure out where and when they landed."

Slowly everyone else nodded and Bill asked "What should we do while your figuring this all out?" Hermione winced "Well that's the hard part, you'll have to just wait and hope they don't ruin our lives as we know it."

Ginny let out a groan, "We are not going to live through these next few days."

December 19th, 1996

The acupants of the Burrow were all back in the sitting room with Albus, Minerva, Kingsley, and Snape. Once again the people from the future were sitting on one side of the room facing the people from the past looking quite uncertain.

"Okay kids we just have a few questions to ask. You don't need to tell us everything that happened just a couple things and besides your parents will be erasing our minds when they come back. It would just be nice to know a few things for at least a little while." Arthur told them and even before he finished the eight children across from him were nodding.

Dumbledore leaned forward and gave them his searching stare and said, "I don't know if all of you know what I'm talking about for I know that none of my companians in this time do not, but is my theory about Voldemort correct?"

The younger kids looked slightly confused but Victoire and Teddy nodded and Victoire said "Yes it is very true, even the part about Uncle Harry." She added this last part hesitiantly but Dumbledore took it all in without complaint that she was saying to much and ignored the confused and partly frightened stares he was getting from the people from the past. He sat back looking slightly pained. Albus had always hoped the part about Harry also being a horcrux was wrong though he knew that was not possible.

Snape then asked in cool voice, "Does Potter know?" This questsion startled some people but surprisingly Al answered with a simple "Yes." Snape looked this boy up and down and using legamency found what he said was true. Albus had also told him that one of the future Potters' was named after both of them and that it was the one who looked like Harry, So this must be Albus Severus, I wonder what Potter had to do to get Miss Weasley to let him name one of their sons after me? Snape thought with a small humorless grin at that last part, Ginny hated Snape more than most of her brothers (besides Ron) did and let it show. With that he nodded to the nine year old and leaned back into the armchair he was sitting in.

"Um . . . does-well," Arthur seemed to be trying to find the right words. "Does Percy, uh, come to his senses in the future?" Rose replied to this with a smile and told him, "Uncle Percy, Aunt Audrey, and their daughters Molly and Lucy never miss Sunday dinner at the Burrow." Conflicting emotions flitted across the Weasleys' faces until they all gave wide grins. "Did you hear that Mum, he named his daughter after you." Charlie grinned at his mother who beamed back so happy all she could do was nod.

Then the happy mood in the room was ruined when Tonks asked Teddy "You-you don't seem to know us that well and I've been wondering am I-are we," she gestured to herself and Remus. "dead?" There was a deep silence during which the smiles were wiped from eveyones faces and Teddy's hair turned from a bright anxious yellow to a straggly mousey brown just like Tonks when she's depressed.

He licked his lips and glanced around as though looking for someone to help him out of his predicament then swallowed and said "A little over a year from now in May there is going to be a battle between Voldemort and the Death Eaters and everyone following Harry, in that battle dad was killed by Dolohov and mum by Bellatrix Lestrange." The people from the past stiffened. "How old were you?" asked a mortified Remus.

"A month." Teddy answered a miserable look fixed on the carpet. Tonks and Remus were imediately out of their chairs and had their arms thrown around Teddy in a suffocating hug, he didn't complain. Bill bit his lip who else, overall who else died in the war?" Victoire looked at Albus "Is it okay if I . . ."

Albus nodded "Go ahead we won't change anything." Victoire swallowed hard at that. How many times had she heard people say how much they wished they could change what happened? But she knew along with everyone else that that couldn't work. "Well Mad-eye Moody, you too Proffesor Dumbledore and Proffesor Snape I'm sorry," the two men were pale but they merely shrugged and Albus gestured her to continue. "um, Ted Tonks," Tonks let out a low heart-broken moan muffled in Teddy hair. "Colin Creevey," Ginny and Harry both paled. "Dobby a house-elf," Harry now let out a groan and Ginny, on impulse, took his hand. "and-and, oh I wish I didn't have to tell you this! Fred I'm really sorry b-but you were killed in the final battle."

There was a deafening silence where most people in the room started to cry silently. Then George let out a choked sob looking as though somebody had well . . . told him his twin had died, Ginny made a strangled whimpering sound and Harry gently squeezed her hand, and Molly started to stubbornly shake her head. "No he can't be, Fred can't be dead h-he's just, it's just he's Fred!" Tears were on her cheeks now and Victoire looking as though she wanted to just disappear. "I'm so sorry grandma but I-I've never met my Uncle Fred."

Molly gave up her denial and went over and started to practically squish Fred to death in a bone crushing hug, which after a moment George joined in on. "Hey, hey! Let go I can't breathe don't kill me a year before I'm supposed to die!" Fred cried laughing. He had seemed to take the news of his death the best at first just paling then took it all in and now was trying to joke about it for the benifit of his family.

"Why aren't you freaking out?" Charlie asked looking at his little brother with something like admiration. Fred answered in his usual joking way, "Well someone needs to keep their heads and make sure you don't go all mental on us. Besides I went down fighting for what I believe in, what better way is there? And I have all of these brilliant nieces and nephews to carry on the legacy of their awesome Uncle Fred.

The sadness seemed to break then and everyone gave soft laughs and knew that though they couldn't stop everyone from dying, they would spend all the time they could with the people they loved but would lose.