Reunion

1996

James and Louis were sprawled out on the sitting room floor, on their stomaches, heads bent together. Everyone was giving them wary looks thinking What the hell are they up to?

Fred and George couldn't take it anymore and went to kneel next to them, questioning in low voices. Their nephews grinned up at them and whispered back, while James tapped something laying on the floor in between them. Fred and George laughed and sat down. Obviously the twins had joined forces with the two eleven year olds.

"We are so dead." Teddy groaned making Tonks laugh and Remus grin. "Why did Harry and Ginny name him after James and Sirius? Do they want every Hogwarts proffesor to come and kill them?" Remus joked. Teddy smiled and leaned back in his arm chair, turning his hair a sort of curly, iridecsent black.

"I don't know, maybe they weren't thinking?" The boy laughed. "It was really late at night when Jamie was born and I was seven, but I can still remember when Proffesor McGonagall came to see James and almost cried when Gin told her the name. Whether it was out of fear or happiness, I still don't know." Everyone around who heard this laughed loudly.

Tonks may have just met her son but she loved him more than she thought was possible. He was just like both herself and Remus with his ever changing hair, heart-shaped face, cheerful demeanor, and responsible attitude. She smiled softly and asked him "Teddy who do you live with?"

"Oh, er, Gram of course. Though I'm over at Grimmauld place a lot, and Shell Cottage (that's your haouse Bill, Fleur) and the Burrow." Teddy answered. Tonks was relieved by this answer glad he had her mum, the Potters, and the Weasley's to take care him. There wouldn't be anyone else she would want to be there for her son if she couldn't be. But at this Ginny looked up in alarm.

"Grimmauld Place?" she said looking distinctly sick. "We"-she indicated herself, Harry, snd their kids-"live there?" Without waiting for an answer she plowed on, "Oh no, that place is like a hellhole. I am not living there with my family." She crossed her arms defiantly and glared at Harry, of all people, who looked at the angry red heads family for help. They just sniggered at his predicament and didn't offer any.

"Don't worry, Aunt Ginny." Victoire said soothingly, coming to her favorite uncle's defense. "Uncle Harry had it completely remodeled after the war, it is a really nice house now." Ginny seemed to relax and nodded. Harry shot his neice a grateful look. Victoire smirked and mouthed at him 'You owe me one, Uncle Harry.' making him smile.

(While all of this talking was happening Fred, James, George, and Louis slipped out of the room into the kitchen and then hurried back in without anyone but Al noticing. He just kept quiet though, and smirked.)

Hugo watched all of this quietly, and was now watching out the window, wishing they could have another Quidditch game. Then he squinted out at the slight movement coming from down the lawn. Four very familiar figures appeared, and he gasped. "Lils can you see them too, or am I going crazy?" He whispered nudging his best friend and then pointing outside.

The little redhaired girl scrambled arouund to glance out the window. She started beaming. "Oh it is them Hu!" She grabbed his hand and looked at the others, they didn't see the two seven year olds slip outside.

The four frozen adults did see the small children slip out of the house, though, and come sprinting up as fast as their little legs could carry them. "Lily, Hugo!" they all cried as the two smacked into their group and pounced on their parents.

Hermione plucked up Hugo and she and Ron started to sqeeze him to death in a bright hug, as Harry and Ginny both wrapped their arms around their small daughter.

"Where is everyone else? Your brothers, cousins?" Harry asked Lily as he picked her up away from the cold snow. Ginny pressed in closer brushing the bright red hair away from the smiling girl's face. "Oh they're inside. Hugo and I saw you and came to get you. I don't think anyone noticed."

"They didn't! We ran out while they were talking." Hugo laughed from his mother's arms. Hermione rolled her eyes, amused. "Okay then let's go get everyone else." Ron nodded eagerly at her side wanting to see his daughter.

Lily wriggled down from Harry's arms, grabbed his hand and her mothers, and started dragging them towards the Burrow. "Come on, everyone wants to see you!" Lily said brightly. Ginny laughed, catching her brothers hand as she was pulled past him, and brought him along too.

The small group practically ran up to the door and into the kitchen. The adults from the future had to thaw themselves out though, after being outside for so long, then they followed Lily and Hugo into the sitting room. "Hey look, they're here!" Hugo cried, making the surprised people in the room look up.

Jumbled cries of-"Mum! Dad! Uncle Harry! Aunt Ginny! Aunt Hermione! Uncle Ron!" were heard from the time travellers as they threw themselves into their mother/father/aunt/uncle's arms in delight.

Al and James tackled their parents with Louis, and Rose and Victoire ran up to Ron and Hermione. But Teddy hung back a bit, delight on his face along with uncertainty. The uncertainty vanished though when Ginny, who was hugging Al fiercely with one arm, held out the other to her godson. Acting quite childish Teddy ran forward, to the person who was like a mother to him, and threw his arms around her.

The people from the past were quite confused but happy to see the kids with their family. When the kids finally pealed away from the adults Victoire, Louis, James, Teddy, and Lily all started talking at once trying to explain what happened and why they shouldn't be blamed.

"It was Louis-" "It was James-" "Your study was open and they picked up the time turner-" "I tried to stop them-" "We all tried to stop them-" Ron cut across them laughing, "Hey, hey! Don't worry you can all blame each other at home but now," he turned to Rose and Al. "who was it?" The two immediately pointed to James and Louis, who scowled at them.

"That's what we thought." Ginny said rolling her eyes. She looked at her son and nephew. "You two should be on your knees begging for a short grounding." The two boys dropped down. "Don't ground us! Please, we need to go to the shop after Christmas to help Uncle George and Freddie with a new product!" they cried in unison, much to everyone's amusement.

The twins raised eyebrows at their little sister. "We didn't know you commanded so much power Gin." they whispered teasingly. She (past Ginny) smacked them both upside their heads. "And don't forget it." She stuck her tongue out at them.

The future Ginny, though, just pulled up the two boys, laughing. "I didn't mean it literally." James and Louis shrugged, smirking.

Unable to hold in the question Arthur blurt out "Are they always like that?" Ginny blinked her big brown eyes at him in surprise. "Like what, Dad?"

Arthur smiled, his daughter may be older, but obviously she hasn't changed much and this made it easier to talk to her. "They act like Fred and George-always together, saying things together. Do they always do that?" Ginny smiled. "Not always but a lot of the time. Mostly James and Fred do that kind of thing, Louis is more his own person." She ruffled the silver-blond hair of her nephew who laughed.

Then in the middle of their reunion, James, Louis, Fred, and George's forgotten prank went off in the kitchen.