Four

Meek

I was nice knowing my ass wasn't gonna be on lockdown. Nicki came through and held it down for a nigga so I decided to send a thank you gesture.

I had to meet her for our real studio session and walking in I see her standing and reading the cards that came with the flowers.

"You sent me all these damn flowers?" She asks.

"Yeah, it was my way of saying thank you" I say taking a seat on the couch and readjusting my SnapBack.

"Meek you didn't have to send all these. Just one would of been fine" she says.

"Yeah, but my fam thought I should of sent a lot" I say. She smiles.

"Well thanks. Nice to know you see what I did for you was huge" she says.

"Yeah, where Safaree ass at?" I ask.

"My guess is as good as yours" she says dryly.

"You don't know?" I ask.

"Nope. We are not together" she says.

"What happened ma? If you don't mind me asking" I say.

"We just been through a lot" she says.

"Oh. He flaking out on you too" I say.

"Can we not talk about it?" She says plugging the aux into her phone.

"Aight, what we bout to work on?"

"A song. I'm not done writing it but you can see what you think of" she says playing a mellow beat.

Nicki

I played a tune I had been working on for this album and watched Meek in his thoughts.

"This like some breakup type of shit?" He questions. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Something like that"

"Listen Nicki I know you connect with your music. I gotta connect with mine so  in order for this music thing to work out between us we gotta connect. What's this album gonna be about anyways?" He asks.

"Okay listen. I'm just in a place in my life right now where I'm reflecting on bad decisions, where I went wrong in life, how I'm feeling at this point with my career. The album is gonna have people in they feelings. Me and Safaree have been through so much and now I'm no longer with him after about 12 years. I'm seeing how I am on my own" I say.

"Reminds me of my 2nd album. Well I am single too so I know how it feels. I'm constantly being questioned by officer, I got kids to look after, a family to feed and my baby mama be tripping" he says.

"You and Alexis broke up?" I ask.

"Yeah. She got tired of my hood ways I guess you can say"

"Well now that we have all that out the way, what you think about the track?"

"You got a name for it?"

"Anybody wanna buy a heart" I say.

"What you got for it so far?"

"Not much really" I say. "I had a verse but I don't wanna go in too much on it. This one is gonna take some time"

"How about you hear this. I started writing it while I was in my jail cell" he says plugging his phone up.

"This is called bad for you?"

"Yeah. I have it done. I just thought you could be my hook and we could record it today" he says. I go into the studio and start off.

"You bring out feelings in me I never show" I start off. In the middle I see the door open and Safaree, Chris and Rick walk in. "Nobody has made me feel this way before" I continue."I'm a good girl but I wanna be bad for you"

"They say bad girls are no good, good girls are no fun" Meek starts off. We finish the song and walk out to hear it.

"I'll run it back" Rick says. When he does I was surprised how good it sounded.

"That's dope. We should do a song together" Chris says.

"I'll get back to you on that" Meek says.

"Baby can we talk?"

"I'm working" I say dryly to Safaree.

"Yo let me holla at you and you too Rick" Meeks says walking out the door. I was left with Chris and we got to choppin it up.

Meek

"Yo where the fuck was y'all niggas at when my court date arrived?"

"Meek I've been caught up in some things myself" Rick says.

"And I have shit I gotta get taken care of" Safaree says.

"Those are some whack ass excuses. I'm your fucking artist and you can't back me up when I'm innocent in this legal shit. And you, you suppose to be my homeboy. You suppose to have my back" I say betrayed.

"Meek we sorry man, we could of done better. Next time we will be there"

"Nah, there won't be a next time" I say walking back in the studio.

"Meek I think it sounds nice, I gotta go though" Nicki says throwing on her jacket.

"Yeah I think it's best I get out of here too" I say angrily. Safaree walks back in.

"Where all these flowers come from?"

"Someone who sends flowers" Nicki says smartly. I chuckle.

"They came from me" I say.

"Why?"

"Nigga if you're u must know Nicki held it down while all y'all asses sat at home giving me no fucks."

"So what ? Y'all all of a sudden good ass friends?"

"Man I don't even fuck with her like that and she act like a better friend than you" I say brushing past him with Nicki.

"Next time text me before the session" I say to her.

"I don't have your number" she says.

"Here I say handing her my phone to put in her contact. She puts it in and leaves.

Nicki

Seeing Safaree get mad over the flowers should make him realize what he could of did more. I went over to my friend Candice's house because we were having a girls night with our other girlfriends for the night.